Learning To Be Cybertronian

Chapter 47: Learning To Be Cybertronian
_____________________________________________

After finding out that Alpha Trion was my grandfather, I woke up and was immediately greeted by the bright lights of the usually quiet Med Bay.

I didn't bother waiting for my opti-eyes to adjust. Instead, I turned my head to the soft clicking of a datapad and the mumbles from an annoyed Ratchet.

"...Ratchet."

My voice came out groggily as I watched the busy  fluorescent green mech with his back turned.

"You're up." Was his reply, his back still turned. "How do you feel?"

"Um..." I looked over myself. "Fine, I guess."

"Hm." He muttered back something in return.

"Where is my father?"

"In a meeting with the humans. He should be out in a bit, if they don't hold him any longer."

"You sound....upset about something." I ventured.

"Well," Here we go. "I had to listen to those slaggers out there who kept asking and asking and asking questions about you! Half of them didn't even make sense! I had to deal with your father's constant worrying and Ironhide's theory about you kidnapped by Deceptions under our noseplates and being kidnapped and being experimented on and the twins actually believe you're cursed!"

"I'm not cursed." I said, swinging my legs over the edge of the medical berth.

"I told them the exact same thing!" Ratchet finally turned around.

"Ratchet, between me and you, I know how I got this form, not exactly sure why, but I know how, but I can't exactly tell you without their permission.

"Permission?" He questioned. If Ratchet had eyebrows, I'm pretty sure one would've been arched in confusion. He froze for a second, before checking around the area, lifting up jars, tools, cables, opening cabinets, and checking behind medical berths. "Ratch, What are you doing?" I asked, slightly concerned about his unusual behavior. He put his things back in their rightful place once he found nothing. His optics carefully searched the room as he remained in his spot.

"Liza." He called in a soft voice. He stepped closer, closing the distance between us. "Are you being controlled by Decepticons?"

"What?" I looked at the medic confused, before I burst out laughing.

"I'm not being controlled by Decepticons!" I said in between laughs.

"Yeah, yeah, you say that now." I heard him mumble as he lifted my arms, probably checking for any bugs or tracking devices.

I pulled away from him. "I'm not being controlled, Ratch. Honest. I just haven't asked for permission if I could tell you about them." I explained.

"Who's them?"

"I can't tell you."

"How are you sneaking off base?"

"I'm not sneaking off the base. I haven't even left the base since we left from Egypt."

Ratchet's lips turned upwards into a small frown. "Are you sure? You're not being forced to say this, are you?" He asked, dropping his voice to a whisper.

"No." I chuckled, rolling my optics. Eyes. "You'll know the answer tomorrow morning."

"Ok." Ratchet said, watching me with careful optics. I mean eyes!

I found the floor interesting and stared at it for quite a while. "Ratch, I swear." I sighed and looked back up. "I'm not...."

When I looked back up, Ratchet was frozen in place with his op-eyes narrowed at me and his mouth fell slightly agape. "Uhh..."