Reunion

Chapter 114: Reunion
_______________________________________________

A few months later

It was quiet.

I sighed and leaned back into the wooden chair, relaxing against the warm breeze that blew across the vast fields. The birds sang in a cheery tone from the tree above and the grass rustled against the wind.

Quiet.

Just how I like it.

Just how dad likes it.

My dad loved the quiet. Of course, him being a quiet person himself.

Though with children, I don't understand why he would expect such a thing. Especially with the group of bots we have, it's just downright impossible.

Liza grinned as a line of memories replayed through her head, each one held dearly in her heart.

Dear Primus, of all the things she and Bee had put him through, it was a wonder how he hadn't thrown them both on a ship and had them sent off to some random planet. She could recall bothering him daily at a younger age.

In his quarters, she could remember him sitting in his grand chair, one leg crossed over the other with his gaze focused on the datapad in hand.

He was reading.

It was one of his favorite hobbies. "Think of it as setting your mind at ease and allowing yourself to escape reality through another's imagination."

She would watch him. And just stare and stare at him.

It wasn't her intention to do this in a creepy manner, she was only six, mind you, but she did this out of curiosity. What was the book about? Was it good? What's so interesting about it is that holds his attention in a firm grip.

Optimus was not all the least bit disturbed by her 'staring'. In fact, he would invite her to join and she would happily crawl into his lap and read with him.

She giggled as her gaze traveled to the ground. Good times.

A smile crept onto her lips as another memory came to mind.

She was once punished for saying a naughty word and Bee was delighted about it. It was all fun and games for him until he too got in trouble for teasing me and was set on punishment.

You could imagine the look on his face.

"What ya smilin' about?"

The smile instantly disappeared as I raised my head to stare at the blonde teen standing across the small table.

"Um..." I shifted in my seat. "Nothin'."

She grinned and shook her head. "Yeah right. Cause it seems to me something is on your mind...or someone?"

I rolled my eyes. "We're out in the country, Tess. Who could I possibly be seeing?"

A smirk appeared on her lips. "You leave your window open at night."

"I'm not the only person in this world who enjoys a little breeze."

"Whatever you say, Ariel. I made us some sandwiches. Mind dragging dad out the barn for me?"

"Can't. He just left with Lucas. Said something about...searching for 'inspiration'."

Tessa rolled her eyes. "And by inspiration, he means blowing all our money on some scrap metal and calling it art."

"Have faith in him sometimes, Tess," I said, following her inside. "You can make anything from scrap. You can tell he's passionate about this and is determined to keep doing what he's doing."