Knowing Each Other

Chapter 62: Knowing Each Other
_____________________________________________

"Alright, Boomer."

A tired sigh made its way past my metal lips as I led my new dog friend away from the busy humans across the base.

I wanted to have a talk with Boomer and thought it'd be best if I took him away from any distractions while doing so.

That includes Ratchet's wrenches, biting at IronHide's legs, playing around teen tiny humans that are terrified of being trampled by an innocent playful Cyber-dog and now I have to somehow get rid of the habit of him jumping on big bots.

Prowl is not happy about that.

Basically, I wanna go over the do's and don't of the base.

And have him under control when the president comes around and questions about him. Don't wanna have him jumping around like a drugged rabbit.

I kneeled on the hard ground, putting myself at the same height as the clueless animal. "Listen, boy, we gotta get you situated, if you're staying here at the base," His pointed head cocked to the side innocently, indicating his true naivety. "You probably won't understand me, but I'm gonna try anyway. Rule one, you see those things?" I turned his head and directed his gaze towards the working humans in the distance.

"Those are the humans of this planet. They are our allies, so you have to be extremely careful around them, m'kay? They're small and you're a big dog." I gestured funnily, trying to get him to catch on.

"Got it?"

••••

Of course, there was no response. He only dropped his bottom to the ground and lifted his front paw, dropping it onto my shoulder.

Weird.

I eyed his paw suspiciously. "W-What's that supposed to mean?"

He removed it and placed it back in its spot again with his tongue hanging out his mouth. "....you understand?"

•••••

"Touch my servo if you understand me."

As if he was an obedient human child, he placed his paw in my waiting servo, leaving me in shock.

"You understand me?!" I squealed happily, wrapping my digits around his paw and giving it a gentle squeeze.

Great, I have a dog with an IQ of 500.

"Either you're an intelligent dog or maybe there's an organic stuck inside of you. Which one is it?"

His head tilted further to the side in confusion as he gave me a funny look. Are you crazy or just plain stupid?

With the family I'm in, I might be both.

"Forget I said that." I sighed with a dismissive wave. "Let's get back to our little rule book. You heard me about the humans, right? Be careful around them and equipment. They're our friends and we can't work with squished allies."

Boomer didn't make any movement, but kept his gaze on me, tuned in.

"Got that? Ok, moving on. I know you're not that big....by Cybertronian standards, but I think you better stop jumping on 'bots shoulders."

To humans, he looked was the size of a small building or fifty full grown bears formed as one, but from a 'bots view, he looked like a young Cyber-dog entering the early stages of adulthood.

Basically, he came no further than my waist.

"I'm sure you gonna get tired of having blasters pointed at your head, but one could be fired accidentally and I'm gonna cry if I see a headless dog running around. We don't want that, do we?