Dark of the Moon

Chapter 95: Dark of the Moon
________________________________________________

"Dad?" I stepped towards the Semi truck only to have a large foot block my path.

I looked up at the Weapon Specialist in confusion. "Hide?"

He shook his head and gently pushed me back with the slightest movement of his toe. "Your father is not in the best of moods. I don't think it'll be wise to bother him at the moment." I turned my attention back to the red and blue truck and I did indeed notice that something was off.

Normally his presence was comforting; though, it could be somewhat intimidating at times. It looked as if he was upset about something.

I looked around and noticed that everyone was eyeing the Autobot Leader with suspicion but no one dared to come within his space.

"Did the mission not go well?" I questioned, staring at my father in concern. "Did something happen?"

"Let's just say..." IronHide lowered his hand before raising me to his shoulder. "We've discovered something."

"Discovered wha-"

"Optimus, you remember Charlotte Mearing?" I directed my attention to the group of humans below. Lennox addressed my dad and gestured to a blonde woman. "Our Director of National Intelligence?"

She was dressed in a pants suit and her hair was pulled into a tight ponytail as her face held a stone-cold expression.

Just by her appearance alone, I could tell that this human meant business. Serious business.

"He's in a bad mood," Dino spoke with his heavily accented voice. "He's not talking to anybody today."

The woman aimed a cautious glance at the truck ahead. "What's this? The silent treatment?" She questioned humorlessly.

"Well," IronHide transferred me over to Wheeljack. "We've seen that and this is not that." 

"Definitely not." Wheeljack agreed as Hide stepped forward.

"This is worse." He then faced my dad. "Prime make something of yourself."

IronHide dropped a fist on my father's roof before he began to transform, releasing heated air from his vents as he did so.

"He's pissed."

Once his transformation was complete, he dropped to his knees in front of the humans and pointed angrily at them. "You lied to us. Everything humans know of our planet we were told has all been shared. So why was this found in human possession?" His tone was calm but anyone could tell he was annoyed.

"We were in the dark on this also." The woman answered cooly. "It was Director Only clearance at Sector Seven until now." She then glanced behind her. "The bag."

A woman in glasses began fumbling with the many purses that hung on her arms. "Which bag?" She mouthed.

Mearing turned to face her with an annoyed expression. "Hermis. Birkin. Green ostrich!" After a few seconds, she was handed the desired bag, mumbling under her breath before pulling out a white tape. 

"This is a secret few men knew, and fewer still remain alive." She then stepped away to greet the men coming through the entrance. "Allow me to please introduce to you two of NASA's founding mission directors and astronaut, Dr. Buzz Aldrin, one of the first two men to step foot on the moon." She gestured to my father who also stepped forward to greet the humans. "Sir? Optimus Prime."

The human astronaut stared up at him in astonishment, allowing his blue eyes to roam across his large figure. "From a fellow space traveler, it's a true honor."