Healing

Chapter 40: Healing
_____________________________________________

The sounds of the busyness and chatter of the base awoke me from my dreamless slumber. I opened my eyes to the bright sunlight pouring through the blinds of my window into my room.

I laid there for a moment, unsure of what happened.

The last thing, I remember was being in the Med Bay with Ratchet and Bumblebee, so I'm a bit confused on how I ended up in my room.

Wait. I'm in my room?

I felt the familiar soft sheeted mattress under me and pulled the covers from over my head to get a better look around.

I was in my room.

How did I get here?

I removed the covers from over my body and was about get up, until I felt something unusual. My leg.

It felt heavier than usual.

I pushed the covers back some more, noting the bandages I felt wrapped around my stomach and back under my shirt, also getting a good look at my bandaged arms and stared at the black leg cast that covered my entire leg all the way up to my knee. I could barely move in with it holding my leg so stiff.

Bet Ratchet made it tight on purpose.

"You're awake." I jumped from the sudden sound of Ratchet's voice in the doorway. I looked up at him with a small glare. "Primus, Ratch you scared me!"

He made no remark and nonchalantly walked into my room, standing at the end of the bed. He stood perfectly still, moving nothing, but his eyes that looked me up and down, possibly scanning me. I shrunk under his firm gaze, feeling slightly uncomfortable at the awkward silence. "Uhh...Ratch, yo-"

"Do you remember anything?"

The sudden question threw me off guard, causing me to furrow my brows in confusion. "Um...what?"

"Do you remember anything from yesterday?" He repeated. "...I-I don't what....what happened?"

"After all what happened yesterday, you seriously don't remember?" Ratchet asked, arching a brow.

I looked up in thought. "I remember the fight in Egypt then we came back and ...I was in the Med-Bay with you and Bee that's all I remember."

"....That's it?"

"...What happened to dad and Hide?"

I remember now. Dad and Hide, something is wrong with them.

"They're fine. They are resting."

I remember them both falling out, but I'm not sure what caused them to do that.

"There's something I must tell you." Ratchet said, walking over by my side.

"What?"

He took my hand in his and took a deep breath. "I told you this yesterday and you fainted, I guess you had forgotten."

"Fainted? What did you say that caused me to faint?"

......

Ratchet's silence made me worry again. "Ratch, what happened?"

He closed his eyes and prepared for what he was about to say. "Arcee, Chromia and your mother...they were killed in the battle."

I was taken aback. "No, they weren't." I shook my head, denying the thought. "No!"

Arcee, Chromia and my mother are the strongest femmes I know. I don't believe it!

"No, they're not!"