Chapter 20- Cassiopeia's POV

Start from the beginning

Everyone says the line carefully, "Addler's fork and blind worm's sting."

Flitwick glares at each of us in turn, trying to figure out which one of us is messing it up. "Do that verse again before you continue with the rest of the song!" He shrieks. We wait till he's standing back up on his chair before we start singing again.

Eye of newt and toe of frog

Wool of bat and tongue of dog

Addler's fork and blind worm's sting

Lizard's leg and howlets wing!

By the look on Flitwick's face, it's safe to say that we did the verse correctly. I look at Darcy again and to my surprise, he's looking at me too. Both of us quickly turn our attention back to Flitwick and his flailing arms as he conducts us.

Double, double, toil and trouble

Fire burn and cauldron bubble

Double, double toil and trouble

Something wicked this way comes!

Flitwick smiles and shouts something along the lines of 'yes! Perfect!' but I can't hear him over my own singing voice. Darcy bumps my shoulder and looks at me with a smile on his face before fixing his eyes back onto Flitwick.

In the cauldron boil and bake,

Fillet of a fenny snake

Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf

Witches mummy, maw and gulf

The next bit of the song is the hardest to get right given a few of us have a special part we have to sing. The boys, Christopher, Floyd, and Darcy have to repeat the chorus in a very deep voice while each of the girls have their own special verse. Mia is first.

Roundabout the cauldron go (double, double toil and trouble)

In the poisoned entrails go (fire burn and cauldron bubble)

Toad that under cold stone (double, double, toil and trouble)

Days and nights has thirty-one (fire burn and cauldron bubble)

Sweltered poison, sleeping got (double, double toil and trouble)

Boil thou first I' charmed pot (fire burn and cauldron bubble)

Then everyone joins in for the last line of the chorus which is 'something wicked this way comes!'

"Beautiful Mia! Absolutely perfect!" Flitwick shouts as everyone prepares for Phoebe's verse.

Finger of birth-strangled babe (double, double toil and trouble)

Ditch delivered by a drab (fire burn and cauldron bubble)

Make the gruel thick and slab (double, double, toil and trouble)

Add thereto of a tigers chauldron (fire burn and cauldron bubble)

For the ingredients of our cauldron

That verse is definitely not my favourite. Honestly, no wonder why muggles are so nervous about magical folk when we talk about throwing fingers of stillborn babies into our cauldrons all the time. Something that doesn't even happen... I hope.

My verse is next, well it's less of a verse and more of two lines, which the boys all sing double, double toil and trouble over and over again as I sing.