Swap Boris x Black cat reader x Swap Mugman

(Requested by; FruittyysWatts

Thanks for the request!).

(Y/n) pov

I sigh silently, flopping on my back and looking up at the dark sky. The rest of the questors were setting up the camp. I was too exaughsted to help, that and I just really didn't want to. Not to make the others my 'slaves' or anything, but what can I say? Laziness conquers all!!
I soon feel my eyelids getting droopy, so I shut my eyes, basking in the cool breeze and comforting moonlight. Feeling relaxed as my tail swayed happily across the ground, pushing the dirt about.
Something then tackled me to the side, catching me off guard and causing me to yelp. The person laughs, so I open my eyes, being met with bright blue ones. Mugman. That asshole. "You fucker!" I hiss, pushing him off me and sitting up, crossing my arms with a huff. "Hey! You don't just let your guard down and not expect me to do nothing!" He defends. I playfully puch his arm, "can't you bother someone else?". "I could. But you give better reactions" he teases, pinching my cheek. Before I could attack him, someone else approuches, "back off, Mugman". I look over, seeing Boris. He was glaring at Mugman, his ears flicked back as his tail swayed in an almost threatening manor. "What? I'm just messing around!" Mugman rolls his eyes, throwing his arms up in a shrug. Boris kneels down, "you didn't have to attack (y/n), though, did you?". Mugs huffs, grumbling under his breath with a minor blush. I roll my eyes, "can't you two just get along?". "No" the two respond, looking at me with plain expressions. "Well, atleast you agree on something" I giggle, letting out a small yawn. "Let's head back to the others, (n/n), you can rest then" Boris says, standing and offering me his hand. I take it and he hoists me to my feet, keeping a firm grip on my hand as he leads me to the camp.

Mugman pov

I growl quietly, furrowing my brow in anger as I glared at the back or Boris' head, the liquid in my head bubbling and steaming with jealousy. I do admit I have quite the intense feelings for (y/n). She's just so amazing, and makes my heart flutter and beat faster than the speed of light, just the thought of her alone makes my knees weak. And I've never felt that way for anyone besides her. But, Boris seems to like her too. We've been cold with each other ever since we fount out we both love her more than anything, more than we usually are. The others have picked up on our rivalry against one another, but surprisingly don't know why we're acting like that.
I shake my head to rid of my murderous intent, pushing myself to my feet and making my way to the camp.

Boris pov

Mugman joins us around the fire. His eyes glance over to me, where I only give him a smug smirk. He narrows his eyes, slumping down next to his brother, a scowl on his face as he crosses his arms. We have a stare down, the tension between us building and filling the atmosphere with hatred. The silence was broke when Cuphead cleared his throat, nervously suggesting; "m..maybe we should just sleep...". We all agree and prepare for the night, not without Mugs and I snarling a word or two to each other.

3rd pov

As the sun rose up, the questors had just finished cleaning away their camp and had began to press on their trail. They didn't say a word, silence consuming them as their footsteps cracked on the gravel pathway. In a whole flash of scenarios, the ground beneath them opened up ans they all dropped down, screaming in fear for their lives.

~Boris ending~

"Ow....ow" (y/n) huffs, pain flowing through her body as she struggled to stand. Her ankle being sprained was hurting her like hell. "P....please tell me someone is close..." she pleads, strained tears in her eyes. Minutes passed, and each minute that went by a slither of hope escaped from (y/n). "I'm gonna die here...".
"(Y/N)!!!" Someone shouts excitedly, catching the female's attention. Her ears perked up and she lifted her head up, seeing Boris standing not too far, an arm wrapped around his torso as blood trickled down his body. (Y/n)'s eyes lit up with joy and fear, "B..boris!?". Ignoring his pain, Boris sprints over to (y/n) and tackles her into a tight embrace, laughing in relief as tears of joy trickled down his face. "Oh thank fuck you're okay!! I..I was so worried about you!!" He exclaims, nuzzling his head into the crook of (y/n)'s neck. (Y/n) hugs back, a small blush crawling onto her face, "you care about me that much?". Boris sits up straight, looking into (y/n)'s glistening (e/c) eyes. He smiles softly, gently brushing a hand through her (h/c) hair, "of course I do. If I were to ever lose you i'd be a mess! You make me feel so happy. I love you, (y/n), I'm not gonna hide it any longer". Blushing brightly, (y/n) couldn't help but smile, pecking a quick kiss on the bridge or Boris' nose, "I..I love you too, Bor. B...but we should find the others now".

~Mugman ending~

"Hello?! A..anyone there!?" (Y/n) calls out desperately, fear filling her heart as she wanders around, searching for her friends. She was anticipating their arrival around each corner she turned, but never saw them, killing off her hopes each time.
She sighs, slumping her posture, "that's it, they're gone. I..I lost them...". Before she could cry out for her departed friends, she began to hear a familiar voice, "god dammit, you've gotta be kidding me....". With high hopes, (y/n) follows the voice, pleading with whatever could hear that it was her friends and that they were safe. She turns a corner, seeing Mugman, gritting his teeth and gripping his arm in pain. In pure joy, (y/n) quickly tackles him into a hug, catching him off guard. "Ow- (y/n)!?! Whatch it!!" Mugman scolds slightly, relief in his voice knowing (y/n) was okay. (Y/n) holds him at arms length, looking into his eyes, "I..I'm so glad you're okay!! I..I thought you were dead! A..are you hurt?!". "Just a little" Mugs sighs, gently resting his forehead on (y/n)'s, "but its fine. All that matters is that you're okay". Before (y/n) could say a word, Mugman continues to speak, "(y/n), this made me realize that I could lose you at any second. I don't want that. Especially if I haven't told you how I felt yet" he pauses, blushing brightly and regaining a slight amount of confidence, "I..I love you (y/n)". "Oh Muggy!" (Y/n) beams, wrapping her arms around Mugman's neck and kissing his cheek, "I love you too!!!".