Cuphead x Male Songwirter Reader

(Requested by; MichaelMakesArt

Thanks for the request!)

A small smile pulls at Cuphead's lips as he watches (Y/N) peacefully testing cords on his guitar and muttering small lyrics to himself- finding the scene adorable. The two were sat by a small creek in the forest, under the shade of a tall tree, the sun glistening down over them. Cuphead was well relaxed- leant against the tree trunk, just eying (Y/N) with admiration. (Y/N), on the other hand, was bubbling with frustration. The tune he was attempting just wasn't turning out the way he wanted, and he was suddenly feeling very self conscious about the sound of his voice.

A short while later, (Y/N) lets out an irritated groan, setting his guitar down and looking up at the blue sky.
The sudden scene broke Cuphead from his daze, staring blankly at the frustrated male infront of him, unsure of what to do. He's not too good at cheering people up or comforting- he was worried about making things worse. But he didn't want to just sit there while the (h/c) haired male felt terrible.

Cuphead wraps his arms around (Y/N)'s waist from behind, resting his chin on his shoulder, "what's wrong, doll?".
(Y/N) sighs heavily, "I just- I don't like what I've been coming up with recently...".
"But its so good".
"Maybe to you- but I also need to enjoy what I'm doing and I'm not".
Cuphead hums in confusion, "what's exactly bothering you about it?".
"I don't know" (Y/N) whines, turning to face the red eyes behind him, frowning, "it just...doesn't seem like me, you know?".
"Eh- I will admit, your songs have changed theming from since I first met you" Cups shrugs, slipping his hands into (Y/N)'s, "what do you think is the cause of that?".
(Y/N) was a little confused by the question, but thought about it anyway, "uh..I- I guess I'm trying to make what my fans would like...rather than what I would like".
"Yeah...that would probably be the cause of you feeling so low".
"What? How could it be?" (Y/N) defends, crossing his arms, "I'm just doing the same thing that I've been doing for years".
"Now you're getting defensive" Cups chuckles, resting a hand on (Y/N)'s cheek, "why don't you take a break for a little while? It might help you to find motivation and relax a little".
"Yeah...that's probably best...".
Cuphead smiles softly, pecking the lips infront of him, "I hope you do know that you're still an amazing performer".
(Y/N) chuckles quietly, cheeks dusted pink, "shut up...you're so annoying...".
"Hmm, that's why you love me" Cups smirks, nuzzling (Y/N)'s neck, tickling him.
"C- Cups-!" (Y/n) laughs, trying to squirm away but the cupheaded male grabs ahold of him, pinning him on his back, "stahahahp!".
Cuphead chuckles quietly, peppering small kisses on (Y/N)'s neck, laying his tall figure on top of the (h/c) haired male, "I know you like it- I've heard the lyrics you write".
"Fuck- you've heard my music?" (Y/N)'s cheeks flush red in embarrassment, distracting himself with Cuphead's blonde and fluffy hair.
Cups hums happily at the contact, a smile on his face with his eyes closed as he nestles into his boyfriend's chest, "of course I have. I'm a supportive partner- and you're a great performer" he pauses, chuckling quietly, "plus, I love hearing everything you say about me".
"H- how do you know its not about someone else?".
"I'm your boyfriend, for one- and its very obvious. Besides...you always want me around while writing your songs so...".
(Y/N) playfully hits Cuphead's shoulder, earning a small laugh from the blonde, "you shut up".
"You love me" Cups purrs, lifting his head and peppering (Y/N)'s face with small kisses.
"Yes- I sure do...way too much".
"I love you too".
"I know" (Y/N) chuckles, catching Cuphead's lips with his own, a grin on his face, "its really obvious when you're cold to everyone else and barely leave me alone".
"You just don't piss me off" Cuphead chuckles, embracing (Y/N) and laying on him again, sighing contently, "and you're the best person who has ever entered my life".
"I'll tell Mugman that".
"Don't you dare".