mugman x teacup reader

(requested by; PurpleGirl_Goldie

Thanks for the request!!)

(Y/n) pov

I sighed as I looked out the bus window. I was moving to a new town. I was nervous. I don't look like any other normal person. I have a cup for a head. Specifically a teacup. Many made fun of me for it in my old town, so I had to move. This town is probably gonna be the same, though. Why are people so judgmental? The sun was slowly setting, giving the scenery a warm orange hue. My eye lids drew heavy, but I used every fiber of my being to keep my energy up. Maybe when I get to my new home and all my bags are in, I could get some coffee. I'll do that. A few slow blinks later, I succomed to my tiredness and fell into a sleep.

I jolted up at the sound of a horn. I quickly scanned the area, seeing the almost vacant bus interior. I look out the window and see the entrance to my new town: (t/n) (town name). I quickly grab my backpack and my large suitcase and scurried off the bus. All my other stuff was being shipped to my new house by a truck, so it may take a little while to get them. Whatever. I really don't care at the moment. As I walked down the streets, I didn't get any glares. No one was looking at me with judgmental, beedy eyes. Infact, I got so many smiles directed at me. That made me feel safer. It made me welcomed. Just what I had hoped for. I couldn't help but smile. Eventually, I reached my new home. I sigh, walking up to the door and getting out my keys. Once I unlocked it, I slowly pushed it open. Stepping in, I marveled at the interior. It was perfect for me. I walked further in, throwing my backpack on the kitchen counter and pushing my suitcase on the floor next to it. I then left the house, closing and locking the door behind me, and walked down the deserted path.

Mugman pov

I was walking down the street, humming a random tune that was stuck in my head. (what song do you think mugs would be humming?). The sun was low, emitting an orange spotlight on the paths. Cups was ill and I was getting him some coffee as requested. To be honest, it was nice to be by myself. Always being stuck with cups can get annoying. Especially with that potty mouth and short temper of his. Nonetheless, he's my brother. So I have to put up with him. I soon reached the cafe, pushing open the door which caused a bell to ring, signaling the workers that there was a new customer. I walked up to the desk, standing behind one person who was taking their time. I didn't complain and looked at the small menu. Why not get myself something? Soon I reached the front, being greeted by a pleasant "hello! How may I help you?" from the lady. "Could I have a small black latte and a blueberry muffin, please?" I ask, a smile on my face. "Sure thing!" She says, doing something I didn't pay attention to since I was getting out my money. Or cause the author doesn't know how cashiers do their job. I passed her the money, grabbing my receipt which had my order number on it. I thanked her and walked out of the way of other customers. As I waited, I looked at everyone who entered. Most people were exhausted and probably just got off work, but this one person caught my eye. She had a teacup for a head, liquid (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes that beamed with confidence and determination, a (f/c) sweater accompanied by a grey skirt and white stockings. She walked up to the desk and began talking. I didn't listen and decided to mind my own damn business, waiting for my number to be called up so I can go home and sleep.

Finally my order was ready! I picked up my stuff, thanking the male who handed it to me and turned around to walk away. I so foolishly wasn't looking where I was going and crashed into someone. Luckily my stuff didn't go anywhere, but the person's did. Their coffee got spilt on my shirt, luckily there wasn't much left. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" The person exclaims. I look up at them, seeing the teacup headed female. She looked worried, concerned and scared. I smile nervously, shaking my head and saying "no, no! It's fine! It's my fault!". "Let me help" she says, grabbing a few napkins and pushing them against my shirt. A small blush crept onto my face, but I ignored it and began sorting myself out as well.

Soon, I was all cleaned up. I had a small stain on my shirt since it was white, but I didn't mind. "Again, I am so sorry!" The female says, throwing the now dirty napkins away. "Don't be. It was my fault! I wasn't looking where I was going" I say, a reasuring smile on my face as my cheeks tint red. "Still. I am sorry" she says, a nervous smile on her face. "Don't worry. I'm mugman by the way! But you can call me mugs!" I beam, offering her a hand shake. She takes it, her grip firm yet soft as she says "I'm (y/n)!". We brake the shake and smile at each other. I then caught a glimpse of outside. It was dark. "Crud. Well, I got to go. Hope to see you around, (y/n)!" I beam, quickly running out of the cafe and rushing home as fast as I could. I can only imagine how pissed cups is.

3rd pov

When mugman got home, he got a scolding from cuphead. He didn't even ask if mugs was ok, he didn't even pay attention to the coffee stain on his shirt and he didn't even ask why he was gone for so long. Brother of the year. Mugman hung his head low and listened to his brother complain. It stretched on for about five minutes before mugman had had enough. He dropped the bag with cuphead's coffee in on the floor and shoved past him, storming up the stairs and to his room. Mugs sat on his bed, hugging his knees and looking towards the floor. He usually could deal with cuphead's shit, but not tonight apparently. He sighed, putting his legs down and standing up. He took his shirt off and threw it on his bed, digging in his closet to find a clean one. His bedroom door opened, and cups came in. "Mugs. Are you ok?" Cups asks, worry lacing his voice. "Yeah" mugs says, venom in his voice. "I..I'm sorry" cups says, rubbing the back of his neck. Mugs picked up a shirt, putting it on and muttering "no you're not". "I..I am" cup says, a sort of shocked expression on his face. "You always say you're sorry, but then you do the same thing the next day" mugs sighs, looking up at cuphead. Cups couldn't respond. "Just leave me alone" mugs says, turning away from his brother. "I- ok....." Cups mutters, closing the door and walking away. Mugs sighs again, flopping on his bed and letting his thoughts drift off. He began thinking of (y/n). He's never seen her before. Nor has he seen anyone other than himself and cuphead who have cups for heads. It was intriguing for him. Eventually, the blue mug fell into a deep sleep.

(Y/n) pov

I was sitting on my couch with a big fluffy blanket wrapped around me. I hadn't had the chance to set up my room so I decided to sleep on the couch tonight. I was thinking about that mugman I met today. It was great to find someone else with a cup for a head. He seemed so nice and innocent. Hopefully I can see him again some day.

Sunlight beamed down on me, causing me to squint my eyes. I groaned, sitting up and mumbling "how did I fall asleep without noticing?". I stood up, walking into the kitchen and grabbing an apple. Once I was finished with that, I got changed and left my house. I walked down the streets, looking at all the buildings. I then saw someone. Mugman. I smile, thinking if I should approach him or not. I shrugged off my thoughts and walked up to him. "Hi mugs!" I greet with a warm smile. He looks over at me, a small smile on his face "hi, (y/n). Great to see you again". He had a wide smile, but it didn't match his eyes. The smile seemed fake. "Are you ok?" I ask, worried. "Y..yeah. Just, I kinda got mad at my brother last night" he laughed nervously. "Oh, really.... I'm sorry for that" I say. "No need! My Bros tough!" He says, a sweet smile on his face. I never noticed how adorable he was. His smile just warmed my heart. I WANTED TO SEE IT FOREVER!!! Woah. Getting a little out of hand here. Oh well. Fuck it. This little cinemin roll is too cute not to fangirl over. Just then, a tall cup headed man walked over to us. He kind of looked like mugman. But he had a small red nose, red firery eyes, a white and red bendy straw, liquid blonde hair, a grey sweater and pale red jeans. He looked intimidating. "Hey mugs. Whose your friend?" The man asks, eyeing me. "Oh! This is (y/n)! (Y/n), this is cuphead! My brother!" Mugs beams, a beautiful smile on his face. The so called cuphead looked into my eyes before smiling, "a friend of mugs is a friend of mine". I smile brightly. I really didn't want to get on his bad side. "Why don't you join us, (y/n)? We were about to watch a movie!" Mugs suggests. "Oh, of course!" I smile. The three of us then walked up to the movie theater. Cuphead, obviously being the more social one, asked for three tickets for (f/m) (favorite movie). Once we had the tickets, we walked in and got some snacks then went to our screening. We sat in our seats and waited with much anticipation for the movie to start.

Halfway through the movie, I felt someone grasp my hand. It was mugman. I smile, gripping onto his hand as well. He looked at me, his crystal blue eyes sparkling in the dimly lit room. Our heads slowly got closer, until our lips connected. It was a short but passionate moment, but felt like it lasted forever. We giggle at each other, me resting my head on his shoulder and him resting his head on mine as we continued with the movie.

(Thanks for reading! Thanks for the request! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see yah in the next one!)