Felix x howler reader

(requested by; Nudge_TheHedgehog

Thanks for the request!)

3rd pov

Felix ran through the forest. Panting heavily for his breath since he had been running for what felt like hours. He could still hear the footsteps of what was chasing him. He was scared.

With one wrong step, Felix plummeted down a cliff, trying to keep in his screams as he reached the ground. This is gonna hurt!! Felix braced himself for pain, which soon came. Luckily, he landed in a pile of convenient leafs, which sort of broke his fall. He thought he was safe, so he tried to stand. Only for pain to ring through his body, mainly from his leg. He looks at it, seeing blood and his own flesh. "Oh sugar honey ice tea!" He mutters, frustrated. He hadn't gotten any medical equipment before his adventure. Which he now realises was an idiotic idea. He sighs, "c..come on, Felix. This is nothing...e..even if it hurts.....a..alot". Slowly, he tried to lift himself up with support from the rocky wall behind him. He stood on one leg, which was extremely difficult for him to keep balance. "Ok, Felix. Time for some DIY medical training" Felix chuckles, trying to make light of the situation. Gently, he applied pressure to his injured leg. He winced, gritting his teeth to ignore the pain as he slowly limped a little. Once he thought he was prepared to walk, he took a step, only to face plant emediatly onto the floor. He groaned, rubbing the top of his head. "Looks like I'm stuck here..." he paused, looking around at his surroundings. That's when panic set in, "is this the end for me? No...no I can't die now. I've got so much I need to do...people I need to be there for". Felix felt tears prick at his eyes, which was quite unusual for him since he barely gets emotional, even in these sort of situations. Just the thought that...this is the end for him. He doesn't want that. Eventually, Felix let out a sigh of defeat, accepting death to come for him.

As Felix sat there in silence and pain, he began to hear the rustling of bushes and leafs. That raised his nerves. He had no means of protection and something could jump out and attack him at any moment. His eyes darted all around him, trying to find the source for the noise. A female then approuched him with caution. Felix just stared at her, confused and scared. The female took a few more silent steps before she stopped at Felix's feet. The two stared at each other for awhile, not moving a muscle. The female then moved her glance to Felix's injured leg. Slowly, she knelt down to it. Felix grew confused, possibly even more scared than he previously was. Without a single word, the female begins to bandage up Felix's injury.

Once she was done, she looks into Felix's eyes and asks, "can you stand?". "Um....I can stand, but I can't walk" Felix responds. The female straightens her posture, saying "ok, stand up and I'll get you somewhere safe". Felix nods, slowly and shakily pulling himself to his feet. He hisses quietly in pain, trying to ignore it the best he could. The female helps Felix stand properly, making him lean on her ever so slightly, then began to take him to a nearby cave.

Felix glanced up at the sky, seeing the dark abyss of night. The only sound that could be heard was the crackling of the fire. "So, uh, I'm Felix" felix says, trying to start up a conversation. "(Y/n).....what were you doing alone?" The so called '(y/n)' asks, looking up at the cat. "Um, well, I'm an explorer. I mainly am alone, but it really doesn't bother me" Felix responds, looking into (y/n)'s (e/c) eyes. "An explorer, huh? So what happened for you to get into that situation?" (Y/n) asks, cocking an eyebrow up at felix. Felix huffs a little, "well, I was running away from this beast and didn't see where I was going so I fell". "It must've been a hell of a fall. You're pretty fearless, I must say" (y/n) giggles, walking over to Felix. Felix's face gains a small red hue, but he smiles anyway, "well, I shouldn't stay long. I've got something to achieve". "You mean with the condition of your leg? I'm not going to allow it. I know we barely know each other, but I'm not gonna let you get in danger....again. If you so desperately would like to continue whatever it is you're doing, I'll be joining" (y/n) says. Felix blinked a few times, a small smile slowly pulling at his lips, "ok then. I don't mind a little company".

~time skip~

(Y/n) and felix had been continueing the adventure, growing close to each other and opening up more. Felix's injury was pretty good, it still sort of hurt him but Felix is a tough guy.

The adventure was nearing its end. The duo thought it was going to be easy to complete. Oh how they were wrong. An intense roar echoed throughout the cavern, shaking the ground and causing the two to stumble into each other. "W..what was that!?" (Y/n) yelps, her eyes darting around rapidly. "I..it's probaly nothing" felix says, his voice shaky. Then, everything became silent. (Y/n) and Felix slowly step away from each other, each gaining their own personal space. "What could that have been?" Felix questioned, straightening his hat to his liking. Before (y/n) could even think of a reply, booming footsteps shook the ground. "Oh no...." felix mutters, looking towards where the noise was emerging from.

Stepping out of the darkness was a giant, horrifying creature that was coated in an ink like substance. It had giant jagged teeth that could rip apart a boulder, measly small eyes that squinted upon the world and pointy fingers that could cut like knifes. Felix and (y/n) looked up at the creature with fear in their eyes. "Run?" (Y/n) suggests. Felix nods, "run". As the creature let out a bellowing screech, the duo darted in opposite directions. The creature's small eyes looked between the two, then it darted after felix.

Oh sugar honey ice tea, why!? Felix's thoughts rushed as he hid behind a wall, panting heavily for his breath. To which he stopped as he heard the snorts and snarls of the creature as it slowly lurked up behind him. Its ok, Felix. You got this. Felix was dragged out of his thoughts as the beast let out an ear raping roar right next to poor Felix's head. His ears were ringing and his mind was discombobulated, so he couldn't run away. The beast used that as an advantage and picked felix up, squeezing him in its giant hand.

"Felix!!" (Y/n) calls out, worried for her friend. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't think straight. All the overwhelming stress and rage was too much for her, and that's when it happened. Her form began to change into a hyena like beast.

Felix saw this, but could barely focus on it as he was losing all his breath, strength and vision so dreadfully slowly. The beast was making his death as excruciatingly painful as possible.

(Y/n), in her new form, charged at the creatures leg. It wabbled for a bit, but kept its balance and let out an echoing screech. It swiped its spare hand at (y/n) and failed to land a hit which gave her the advantage of landing another hit. This time, the creature stumbled backwards and released a passed out felix and let him plummet to the ground. (Y/n) turned to her original form, rushing around and trying to predict where felix would land so she could catch him.

It was successful and she held him tightly in her arms, mumbling "its ok, feel. I gotcha. I'm going to get us out of here".

(Y/n) entered a cave, gently resting Felix down on the floor and started a small fire. Every now and then, she would glance at the passed out cat, monitering his health.

~another time skip~

(Y/n)'s eyelids grew heavy as hours of ignored rest dawned upon her. Before she could fall victim to exhaustion, arms wrapped around her waist and a soft accent rang through her ears "thanks, (n/n)". (Y/n)'s eyes lit up as she spun around and tackled felix in a hug, exclaiming "I was so worried!!". Felix chuckled, hugging back just as tightly as he let the female badger on about how worried she was. He never questioned what she turned into at that ungodly event, and excepted what she was. Because he loved her anyway.

(I've finally finished this chapter!! I really like how it turned out! Sorry if its nothing like what a howler actually is, but I hardly know about them and am too much of a shy potato to ask anyone. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this and I'll see you in the next one [which I'll try and get out soon]. Bye!!!)