mugman x ghost reader

I was just chilling in my room, thinking of a story, and had already decided it would be a mugman x reader, and I thought of a ghostly experience I had. And so you get this. Merry birthday (sorry, had to do that).

Mugman pov

Me and cuppy were walking into a hotel to check in. It was run by a little cat person. She was shorter than bendy, which cup snickered about. I thanked the lady and went to our room. It was just like a standard hotel room, nothing special. But there was this mirror. It looked Grand and very old. It might be an ancient relic or something. It had a slight crack in the bottom. I sat at the edge of the bed as cup walked outside. I stared into the mirror, I don't know why. I saw a figure behind me. I turn to see no one. I look back at the mirror. A figure was right in front of me. Smiling grimly. I fell to floor. Fear rising through my body. The figure stepped out of the mirror! It appeared to be female. With gray skin, dark (h/c) messy hair and glowing (e/c) eyes. She seemed to be floating. I wanted to call cup, but I couldn't form words. It's as if the whole world was frozen, just leaving us two moving. She came closer. I couldn't move. I couldn't make actions. I was helpless. She came closer, until she was infront of me. I look up to see her staring me down. She looked at my fear, she giggled. I slowly stood so we were level, though she was taller since she was floating. "W..what are you?" I asked, still scared out of my mind. "Don't you mean, who are you?" Her voice was soft but echoed. "My name is (y/n). What's yours?" Her voice sent a chill down my spine. "M...my name's m...mugman" I say, fear taking over my whole body. "I just want to assure you. I'm not going to hurt you, I'm hear for a purpose" she says. I open my mouth to say something, but I close it shortly after because cup came in. (Y/n) disappeared in a puff of (f/c) smoke. "Hey mugs, is everything okay. You're talking to yourself" cup says, walking up to me. "I wasn't talking to myself" I say. "But you were the only person in here" cup gave me a look like I was insane. "Cuphead, I swear to you. There was this sort of spirit girl that spoke to me" I say. Cup raised an eyebrow. "Are you ok?" He asked. I growled lightly. "I'm serious!!" I yell. "And so am I! Are you ok!!". Before I could yell back, I heard giggles. I'll prove cup I'm not crazy.

(Y/n) pov

I giggled at the bickering. I caught mugman's attention, he had a deep smirk on his face. "cuppy, I'll prove I'm not crazy" he says. "(Y/n)! (Y/n) please come out!" He calls. The other looks at him like he was a complete weirdo. I waited for a while, to build up suspense. I appeared behind the tall cup. I gestured for mugman to be quiet, and so he did. "mugs, there's no one here called (y/n). I think you are you are crazy" I grin "maybe you should turn around" I whisper into his ear. He turns and the look of shock on his face makes my day. I wave slightly and giggle, my voice echoing through the room. "Hello, I'm (y/n)" I smile. "told you" mugman says, placing a hand on to the cups shoulder. "(Y/n), this is my bro cuphead" he smiled. "Wait, are you an actual spirit. Or am I high?" Cuphead asked. I nodded. "I am a real spirit. I'm here to cause no harm. I have a purpose and was sent in this location" I say. "What purpose?" Mugman asked. "I have yet to know" I shook my head "but I need to fulfill my purpose to pass on into the after life". "We could help you find your purpose. Won't we cuppy?" Mugman says. Cuphead seemed dazed. "We'll try, but I just can't believe I'm talking to a ghost" he says, holding his head in his hand. I smile softly. "It's great that you guys want to help me" my voice echoad through the empty room. Mugman smiled. It was silent as we tried to think of a way to find my purpose. Mugman looked like he had an idea, but shook it off shortly after. I shook my head slightly.

Mugman pov

(Y/n) shook her head slightly. "For the love of God, we'll never find ou----" she paused, a grin spread across her face. "love!" She announced. "It's love! I need to find love!"

I grinned. "But how would we know your love?" Cup asked. "Well, it could be one of you" she cooed. Cuphead shook his head repeatedly. But my cheeks turned a hint of pink. "How are we for sure that it's love?" I ask, shaking away my blushing state. She shrugged, placing her feet on the floor. "I never had love before I died. I'm guessing that's it". "Is there a way to check?" I ask. (Y/n) was deep in thought for a moment. "One sec" and with that, she disappeared into a puff of (f/c) smoke. "Is this a dream, or was there actually a spirit right there?" Cuphead asked, placing a hand on his hip. "Well, I know a way to test if it's a dream" I smirk, reaching for the nearest pillow.