Cuphead x human Angel hybrid reader

(Requested by; Almer_Studios

Thanks for the request!).

(Y/n) pov

"Over there!! Get her!!" Those wretched people yell from the diatance, making my heart beat fast from fear. I stood up, narrowly missing a tranquilizer zooming past my face. Yelping, I sprint off through the clearing, my legs surprisingly managing to keep at a high pace, even with my wings slowing me down. Their footsteps heavily beated after me as they were desperate to catch me, desperate to lock me up again.
They're determimed to get me back. All because I'm half human and half Angel. They believe I can access a gateway to heaven or can figure out the meaning of life or some shit like that. But that isn't the case at all! I'm like this because my mother was an Angel and my father was a human. That's it. I don't know any secrets to life or anything! I'm just like anyone else!
So I have to escape from them. No matter what.

Joyful chatter and a variety of sounds caught my attention, so I stopped running and turned to face the noises. From what I could see past the tall trees, overgrown bushes and chain link fence, it seemed to be a town. Filled with people. I could lose them through there. I take a quick glance over my shoulder, seeing their blurry figures in the distance, still chasing after me. I look back to my newly found destination and take a deep breath, jumping up and climbing over the fence with alot of struggling. I would have used my wings if they weren't tied down to my back.
Eventually, I managed to hurdle myself over, landing on the floor. Wasting no time, I jumped to my feet and sprinted in a random direction. Ignoring any stares or glares I got. I glance over my shoulder, seeing them casually chasing after me. Honestly, I thought some people would have the decency to help out. I'm clearly in trouble here-
I was cut from my thoughts when I ran face first into someone's back. I yelp, jumping back. The person turns around, his eyes narrowed at me. It was a cupheaded male with liquid blonde hair piling over his ruby red eyes, a white and red bendy straw and a small red nose. He was very tall, towering over me and making my nerves peek high. Before he could say a word, I heard their footsteps getting closer. So I mindlessly hide behind him. He was confused and about to tear me a new one, but stayed quiet once he noticed the people chasing me. They stopped at his feet, some glaring at me as a few stared up at the man. "Can I help you?" The cupheaded male questions, crossing his arms and cocking an eyebrow up. "Yes, uh, mind just stepping aside and allowing us to get our little 'friend' there. Then we'll be on our way" the head of the group speaks up, smiling innocently. The tall male takes a glance at me from over his shoulder, seeing me shaking with fear and cowering behind him. Desperate to hide. He looks back to the crowd and mumbled a simple "no". His tone was neutral, as if seeing a girl getting chased by a bunch of crazy scientists is a daily thing for him. His patience was impressive to say the least. "No? Who are you to-" the head shut up as the cupheaded man held his hand up and said "shut up for a minute. What do you want from her?". The group grew a little angry and nervous. Angry because of the cup's stubborn and rudeness, and nervous because they were about to get called out for their sick and twisted ways.
After a moment of awkward silence, one of them clear their throats, "uh, w..we were just about to go to a cafe...?". The cup scoffs and shakes his head, "yeah, I don't believe that" he paused and turned to me, gently pushing me along with him. I didn't argue. I'd rather be with anyone but those insane assholes.

Cuphead pov

I can tell that something isn't right here, and for whatever reason I won't let this girl be in danger. She seems too nice and sweet to be left in the dirty mitts of those weirdos.
As I nudged this girl along with me, one of the mad scientists or whatever they were grabbed my arm and yanked me back. That pissed me off. I didn't want to be in this situation right now, I just wanted to get back to Mugman. And these bastards are wasting my time.
A small growl escapes my throat and I turn around, punching the guy who grabbed me in the face. I raise my arm up as my fingertip beamed a bright, blazing blue, threatening them with nothing but my murderous glare. They all froze. Either they were confused or scared shitless. Nontheless, they ran in the opposite direction. I watched until I couldn't see them anymore, then turned to the female. She was staring in disbelief, her (e/c) eyes wide in shock. I shake my head and take her hand, pulling her along with me.
On the way to the hotel, where I was staying for the night, we exchanged names. Her name is (y/n). I think its a pretty name, so it suits her. She also told me what those people wanted from her, which gave me more reason to want to protect her.

Once we arrived at the hotel, I pushed open the door and held it open for her. She sheepishly mutters a thank you, walking past me. I enter after her, closing the door. Mugs was sitting on one of the beds, a confused expression planted on his face. "Did you kidnap some random girl?" He questions playfully. I lightly smack the back of his head, "she needed help. This is (y/n). (Y/n), this is Mugs". Mugs smiles brightly, waving to the (h/c) haired girl. (Y/n) waves back, "sorry for the weird situation". "Nah, don't worry about it! I knew Cups would start bringing people home eventually!" Mugs nonchalantly says, causing my face to blare bright red from embarresment. "Mugs!!" I yell, glaring at him as he smirked smugly. (Y/n) giggles softly, which made my heart bounce. For fuck sake, I've already fallen for her. I look over to her, she was now getting to know Mugman. Laughing along with him.
A small smile pulls at my lips; I don't mind at all.