mickey x mute reader

(y/n) pov

I was sitting under a tree with my friend, mickey. We've been friends for quite a while and I still can't believe it. Being mute made it harder for me to make friends because people don't understand. I can't talk, but I can only talk in sign language. People barley understand sign language so yeah. But Mickey decided to learn when we first met and is now great at reading and doing sign language. Mickey and I were watching the sun set. We do this very often, it's fun to hang out with each other. I smile softly at the heart warming sight. The sun got lower and Mickey stood up. "Let's go, (y/n). It's going to be dark soon" Mickey smiled. Mickey offered his hand, which I took. I smiled at the mouse and he smiled back. We release hands and began to walk. We walked in silence, which was pretty unusual since Mickey usually tries to make an attempted conversation.

Mickey pov

I bet (y/n) thought something was wrong. I've been unusually quiet. The reason is that, for as long as me and (y/n) have known each other, I've grown feelings for her. I just can't fathom how adorable she is. Everything from her (h/c) hair to her (s/c) skin. Thinking of her made my cheeks tint red. I've had these feelings for a while, and I think I have to tell her soon. I can't hide them much longer, I think it's rather obvious how I feel for her. I'm surprised no one has said anything. We reached (y/n)'s house. She opened her door and waved goodbye. I wave and she closes the door. I sigh silently and walk home. The street lamps flickered on as I quickened my pace. "Oswald's probably wondering where you are, Mickey" I mutter silently to myself. I ended up running home.

Once I reached the door, I opened it. Just to get greeted by 420 bunnies. I smile politely at the little angels bouncing up and down at my feet.

"Hey Uncle Mickey!" "Where have you been!?" "Why have you been gone for so long!!??" "Don't leave again!"

Oswald came over and stopped the commotion, sending the kids running. "Hey Mick, everything ok?" He asked, closing the front door which I forgot to close. "Yep, everything is fine!" I beam. Oswald cocks his eye brow at me. "How about (y/n)? Is she ok" he asked. I nod "of course she is!". "Still haven't confessed?" Oswald smiled. I shook my head, no. "I just don't know how to" I sigh, sitting on the couch. Oswald went silent for a moment, then sat down next to me. "Well, all you gotta do is be yourself. I'm sure she'd love you too!" He beams. "Or you'd stay friends!" Donald yells across the house. "Shut up you worthless duck!" Oswald screams back. Donald came storming in the room. "Why you little bugs Bunny rip off!" Donald screeches. "Guys, stop!" I yell. "What the heck do the neighbors think of your two's nightly arguments" I face palm, chuckling slightly. Oswald pulls a goofy grin as Donald walks away doing what ever he does. "I'm going to rest up for the night, see yah" I say, Oswald smiling at me. "See yah" he says.

~time skip cause why not~

(Y/n) pov

I woke up to the sun beaming down on me brightly. I squinted my eyes and flipped around. I couldn't be bothered to get up. I layed there peacefully for a while. It was all silent. Suddenly, impatient knocking was at the door. I jolted up and slowly made my way towards the door, not bothering to change from my pjamas. I opened the door, rubbing my eyes sleepily. My eyes widened as I saw that it was Mickey at the door. I blushed out of embarrassment, he blushed too. "U..uh, h..hi (y/n). S..sorry if I caught you at a wrong time" Mickey laughed awkwardly. No no. It's fine I sign. I opened the door more, motioning Mickey to come in. He entered and I walked back up stairs to change. I was wondering why mickey was here so early. I checked the time once I changed. It was 9:00am.......I slept in so late. (wish I could do that.) I skipped down the stairs and saw Mickey looking around. He barely comes in my house so I can see why he would. We then caught each other's eye and that made my heart skip a beat. Mickey smiles. I ignore my feelings and sign can I see Oswald, the crew and the bunny kids? I haven't seen them in a while. Mickey nodded. "Of course!" He beams. We then made our way to Mickey's house where everyone was. I loved the crew, especially the kids. They were so cute! But not as cute as mickeys smile. Wait, what? Why the fuck did I say that? Meh, probably just my mind being random. I shake the thoughts out my head.

We arrived at the house. Mickey opened the door, allowing me to go in first. I entered and got greeted by Oswald. "Hey, (y/n)! How are yah!" He asks. Oswald didn't really know sign language, so I always try my best to make him understand. I tap Mickey's shoulder to help him translate what I'm signing. I'm fine, thank you. How about you? Once I finished signing, Mickey explained my scentence. Oswald nodding. "Great knowing you're fine. And I'm not gonna lie, I'm fine. I don't want to keep any secrets from you, (y/n)" he says, smirking at Mickey.

Mickey pov

I felt like my face was on fire when Oswald said that. He's going to try and make a way for me to confess to (y/n). I was silently panicking. (Y/n) pulled a confused expression, but ignored it and smiled. "W..well that's great Oswald. W..where is everyone e..else?" I try to change the subject. "The kids are running around, goofy's out and Donald is lord knows where" Oswald explains. Just then, the bunnies came running in. One jumps into (y/n)'s arms, giving her a hug. (Y/n) smiled at the little blue bunnies. She placed the bunny down and looked up at us. Her smile was beautiful! It made me blush slightly, but I quickly hid my face. "Why don't you sit down?" I suggest. She nodded and made her way to the couch. I glare at Oswald. "I know what you're planning" I say. Oswald smirks "yah blushing bro". I growl. "I know!" I didn't realize my level of volume. I hoped (y/n) didn't hear me. Silence came and I sighed in relief as (y/n) didn't come by. "Look Mick, we all know you like her. And we all know you can't tell her. I'm just helping" Oswald smirks again. I roll my eyes playfully and made my way to (y/n). She was just smiling at bunny kids around her feet. They all weren't there, only six of them. (Y/n) saw me and her smile grew bigger, her cheeks going pink. I smile at her and sit next to her. The kids ran away, giggling like crazy. They always confused me.

(Y/n) pov

The kids ran away as Mickey sat next to me. They told me something, and I want to know if it's true. I look at Mickey. Hey Mick. I sign. "Yeah, (n/n) (nickname)" I blushed at my nickname. The bunny kids told me that, that you love me.... Is that true? Once I finished signing, Mickey's face went pure red. "W..well, u..um" mickey stuttered before sighing softly. "Y..yes" he looked down with soft eyes, like he was disappointed. I smile brightly, capturing him in a tight hug. "(Y..y/n)!!" Mickey exclaims, shocked by my strength. It went silent as I still hugged Mickey. Soon, Mickey's arms came around my waist and he asked "does this mean you love me to?". I nod and brake the hug. I look deep into Mick's eyes. Before I knew it, our lips were connected. I melted into the kiss. When we stopped, I saw Oswald in the corner of my eye having a sort of celebration. I just smile at that. "I love you, (y/n)" Mickey whispered. Love you too I mouthed.

I jolted up. I looked around, confused out of my mind. Was that a dream? I pout sadly. I look on my bedside table, seeing a picture of me and Mickey. I pick it up and smile softly. One day Mickey, one day after that thought, I placed the picture down and dream about me and my friend.

(HELLO EVERYONE! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! And can I thank you ALL for 9.69k reads!!! Thank you so much!! This means so much to me!! I can not thank you all enough. I'll stop freaking out and let you enjoy your day/night. Bye!!)