cuphead x Neko reader

(requested by; Fnaf5205

Thanks for the request!)

Cuphead pov

I sigh, brushing my hand through my hair to get it out of my face. It was dark, everyone else had bunkered down for the night. But not me. I couldn't sleep. Nor did I want to. I just needed to be alone.

I heard rustles coming from the bushes, so I jump up, lighting my finger tip up and looking around, "who the fuck is there?!". Silence. I growl, "I know someone's there. Now who the fuck is it?!". Then, I saw something jump out, pinning me to get floor. I look up at my attacker, seeing a female. She had (e/c) eyes that stared down at me, (h/l) (h/c) hair that had (h/c) cat ears attached and she had (s/c) skin that was smooth to the touch. I let out a small growl as I blush from embarrassment, "get off me!". She yelps and jumps up, offering to help me up. I hesitantly accept the offer, letting her pull me to my feet. "S...sorry. I got excited seeing a new face" she admits, rubbing the back of her neck. I roll my eyes, crossing my arms "you're lucky I'm not some psychopath". "Yeah sure" I hear bendy chuckle. "Another person! Oh, I'm (y/n)!!" The cat-like female says, a gleaming smile on her face. Bendy walked up to the so called '(y/n)', gently taking her hand and planting a soft kiss on the back of it. "I'm bendy~. And that shit head is cuphead" bendy says, making me growl. (Y/n) giggles, "what're you guys doing out in the forest alone?". "We're on a quest" bendy answers. "Just the two of you?" (Y/n) asks, seemingly worried. I shook my head, "there's three others". (Y/n)'s eyes lit up at the mention of more people. I felt heat raise to my cheeks at her sudden burst of joy.

~time skip~

We were almost done with our quest. That (y/n) girl joined us, and if I'm honest I kinda like her. And by kinda I mean really like her. She does get close to me. She's around me more often than she is around the others. I mean...I ain't complaining. It's kinda nice to have someone so close to me. Other than mugs, of course. But it's not like I can like mugs like I like (y/n). (Too many likes!!). That'd be... disturbing...to say the least.

(Y/n) pov

Darkness rose as everyone had fallen into a deep sleep. But not me! I like the night. It's a time I get to contemplate to myself. And it's the most unrecognised part of each day. Everything looks way better in the darkness, emitted by the stars and the moon. It's just...gorgeous. As I sat there in silence, I heard soft footsteps behind me. Then a voice, "whatcha doing out here alone?". I turn and see cuphead, smirking. I smile at him, "oh, hey cups". He approuches me, asking "so why are you out late?". "I just think night is great. Name a better site than this!" I say, motioning over the small cliff ledge at all the trees being illuminated ever so slightly by the stars and glorious moon. "You..." I hear cuphead mumble. I was a little shocked seeing as it was a rhetorical question. "W..wait what...?" I question, looking at him with a red face. He smiled slightly, gently pecking my cheek, "you're a better site". My cheeks felt as if they were on fire, which caused cuphead to chuckle. "And that's why you're adorable" he mumbles, winking at me. "I hate you.." I mutter. He smiles, "I love you, too".

(Sorry if it's not up to standards or short! My mind has exploded from figuring out that we've reached 40K readers!! Holy shit!! I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much! I'll try and update the best I can! Farewell!)