Cuphead x Injured Non-Binary Reader x Mugman

(Requested by; -_Ffionn_-

Thanks for the request!)

"They're just so frustratingly amazing! How am I supposed to contain my feelings when they're such a great person all of the time!?" Mugman vents to his older brother, pacing back and forth.
There was no aggression in his tone- he couldn't complain about falling head over heels for (Y/N). He just didn't know how to handle his feelings. So he always came to Cuphead for support. Very open to his brother about how he feels towards this (h/c) haired beauty- but so oblivious to how Cuphead felt.
Cuphead, while supportive and understanding of his younger brother, always felt a pang of jealousy whenever the mug gushed about (Y/N)- considering he had similar feelings for them. But he never spoke up about it. He didn't want to ruin this for his brother- he's already messed up so much of his life, why would he take away this opportunity?

Mugman plops down next to his brother, letting out a small sigh, "what do I do?".
Cuphead swallows his jealousy, resting a loving hand on Mugman's shoulder, giving him a supportive smile, "that's for you to decide, Mugs. No one but yourself can force you to tell them".
Mugs groans in annoyance, "but its so difficult to admit".
"Believe me- I know" Cups mutters, lightly squeezing Mugman's shoulder, "I think you should tell them. You and (Y/N) are really close already- I'm sure they like you too".
"You think?".
Cuphead forces a strained smile, "I'm positive".
"Thanks, Cuppy!" Mugman beams, tightly hugging his brother.
Cuphead doesn't say another word, just pats his brother's back and bites his lip. It was difficult for him to hide how he felt about this whole situation. But the smile he always received after comforting Mugs on his crush made him feel accomplished- so he continues to hide the way he feels, knowing it'll be worth it when he sees his brother in a happy relationship with the person he admires.

~Short Time Skip~

"Why is the map doing that?" Boris asks, ears flopped down in fear as he watched the paper twist into all sorts of weird shapes.
"Maybe you shouldn't stand so clo-" Bendy is cut off by panicked screaming as everything went bright for the questions as they are consumed by a flash of brightness, each losing consciousness.

(Y/N) let's out small groans as their vision clears, looking up at darkness, minimal light seeping through cracks in the cavern they fount themselves in. They carefully sit up, a searing pain shooting through their leg, making them flinch and hiss. Their gaze drifts down, seeing blood dripping down from their leg, pooling around them in a small puddle. They inhale sharply, pushing aside the pain and pushing themselves to their feet, biting their bottom lip to suppress a pained yell. A sharp breathe pushes passed their lips once they were stable on shaking and weak legs, unable to take a step in fear they'll collapse.
Hope sparks in their heart once they hear footsteps and a familiar angry voice grumbling nonsense- immediately being able to identify the person due to being around him so much.
"Cuphead!!".
The voice goes silent after (Y/N) yelled, and after a short moment of that silence the footsteps got rapid, getting louder as they got closer to the injured person.

Cuphead soon comes skidding around the corner, a sense of relief washing over him when he saw (Y/N)- but panic quickly set in once he sees the blood.
"What happened!? Are you okay!?".
"I'm fine- I just can't walk" (Y/N) assures the worried male as he approached, helping them stand.
"Come on- let's find the others so we can get that sorted".
The cupheaded male wraps (Y/N)'s arm around his shoulders, keeping them stable as he assists them in walking. His heart thudding heavy with worry, eyes unable to shift away from the injury the person he cared fir deeply had received.
"Cups, are you okay?" (Y/N) questions, snapping Cuphead back to reality, "you're zoned out...".
"Y- yeah, I'm fine" he clears his throat, "sorry...I don't do too well with blood since...Mugs- you know".
"I get it- you don't have to remember that".
A small smile pulls at Cuphead's lips, a quiet sigh escaping his lips, "you're- you're so sweet...I don't usually feel like this with anyone, (Y/N)- but I like you. I really like you. You- I- fuck, how do I put this...?".
(Y/N) quickly figured out what Cuphead meant under all of his stammering, chuckling quietly at his effort to stay cool and collected. Cuphead goes quiet when he hears them stifling laughter, an embarrassed blush dusting across his cheeks, ashamed in himself. (Y/N) opens their mouth to assure the male but is startled by an aggressive yell of "Cuphead!!".

The two look over to the source of the voice, seeing Mugman- a scowl on his usually very cheery face, eyebrows knitted together in a glare directed at his older brother.
Cuphead felt his heart drop, "Mugs, I-".
"Why didn't you tell me you felt that way towards them!? You know how I feel and decided to get them isolated so you could take them from me!!" Mugs snaps, taking a few angry steps closer.
Cuphead carefully moves away from (Y/N), approaching the younger male, "Mugs, that isn't true. I was only helping them and- and it sorta slipped out...".
"It still doesn't explain why you didn't tell me! You used my trust- again!!".
"You don't have to keep bringing that up! I'm sorry I have feelings for the same person you do! I was trying to help you but maybe I shouldn't anymore!!".

(Y/N) watches as the two brothers go at it, feeling bad that they were arguing because of them. They couldn't wallow in pity for long because of the pain shooting up them again, making them wince.
"This may not be the right time- but I'm in so much pain right now. Can we please find the others?" They point out, catching the attention of the cup bros.
The two agree, helping (Y/N) walk until the others were fount, sending each other small glares every now and then.

When the trio had fount the rest of the group, Boris began caring for (Y/N)'s wound- meanwhile Cups and Mugs refused to go near each other. The tension between the brothers was obvious and odd, concerning the questers.
(Y/N) groans quietly in annoyance, "you two are being childish! You're so close as brothers, don't let a crush ruin that! Your brotherly love should be more important".

•Cuphead Ending•

"Gee...I am acting silly" Mugs sighs, rubbing the back of his neck, guiltily looking to his older brother, "sorry, Cuppy...maybe I should have listened to you for once. You and (Y/N) get along better anyway...i'd be happy if you two got together".
Cuphead shifts his gaze to his feet, then up to (Y/N), "it depends what they want...".
(Y/N) smiles softly, ruffling the blondes hair, "I have had a thing for you, Cuppy- I will be honest. And if you and Mugman will gloss over your feelings, i'd love to date you".
"Yes- we promise" Cups smiles, standing and embracing (Y/N), giving his younger brother a grateful look.

•Mugman Ending•

Cuphead let's out a defeated sigh, rubbing his brother's back, smiling softly, "sorry, Mugs...I'm sorry I didn't tell you how I felt. I just wanted you to be happy- and I still do" he moves his gaze to (Y/N), "I think you two would be nice together...you're already close friends".
"Are you sure?" Mugs asks as (Y/N) takes his hand, heart fluttering.
Cups nods, "it'll be best for the both of you. I think- no, I know you two will make each other very happy".
"Awe- thank you, Cuppy" Mugs smiles, looking to (Y/N), "what do you think, (N/N)?".
(Y/N) smiles, wrapping their arms around the blue mug, "I'm perfectly okay with this...you're so adorable".
Mugman blushes, but grins widely and hugs back- Cuphead smiles wearily at the sight, happy for his brother but still a little jealousy. He wasn't going to ruin this though- he truly was happy for how things turned out.