Cuphead x Mermaid Reader

(Requested by; LizzyAndBros

Thanks for the request!)

The questors sat in silence as their raft gradually drifted across the sea, the only sound heard being the small waves softly crashing against the water. They were exaughsted and needed to rest, but couldn't in the middle of the sea. They could die if they're not careful.
Cuphead sighs quietly, the breeze swaying his liquid blonde hair, red eyes staring off into the distance. He questioned why he decided it was a good idea to join the quest. He knew it was dangerous. Maybe that's all he's good at; dragging his brother into deadly situations.
He's caught off guard by the raft shaking from a violent wave, gripping tightly onto it to keep balance. "Shit, are we close to land yet?".
"Sadly not. But I'm sure we'll be fine" Felix reasures.
Cuphead sighs again, about to speak but a large wave crashed against the raft, sending the five toppling into the water. They tried their best to stay close together, but the violent thrashing of the waves drifted them further apart until they couldn't even see each other anymore. Cuphead began panicking, terrified for what could happen to his brother snd friends. He yelled for practically hours, until his voice was soar and he was drained from swimming around. He tried desperately to keep his head above water, but the waves over powered him and he got pushed under water, his head clashing against some jagged rocks, blurring his vision as he gradually passed out.

Cuphead coughed as he gained consciousness, soaked head to toe and in pain. He shakily pushes himself to sit up, groaning and rubbing the side of his head, squinting his eyes open and seeing the sun. He swore it was dark before....how long was he out.
He's pulled from his thoughts by the sound of water crashing against the shore, which got him to realize what happened. He quickly jumped up, heart beating quickly, "Mugs!?! Mugs, where are you!?! Please be okay!".
His breathing quickened in fear, thoughts rushing like crazy. As he's running about frantically, he comes to a halt when he sees a figure. He inspects them thurrily for a moment before hesitantly approuching.
"Uh...hello?".
The person jumps a little, turning their head and looking up at Cuphead. She smiles slightly, "you're awake! I got worried there!".
"Who are you?" Cups questions, cautious of the female.
"Oh! Right, how rude of me! I'm (y/n)! I saved you from the sea, sir!".
Cuphead blinks a few times, caught off guard by her enthusiasm, "o-..kay....uh, well, I'm Cuphead. You haven't seen anyone else around here have you?".
The (h/c) haired girl ponders for a moment before sadly shaking her, a frown on her face, "I'm sorry but no".
Cuphead sighs heavily, "I hope they're okay".
"I'm sorry, Cuphead, sir".
"It- it isn't your fault. I don't think".
(Y/n) shakes her head vigoursly, "no no no! I would never!".
Cuphead hums a little, sitting next to the female, "so...you helped me?".
She nods, humming too, "of course! I wasn't going to leave you to drown".
Cuphead cracks a small smile, "I- thank you. That restores my faith in humanity a tad".
(Y/n) giggles slightly, making Cuphead blush a little. He didn't know why but he loved that noise and wanted to hear it more.
Cuphead admires the girl infront of him, but is surprised to see no legs but a fush tail. "Holy shit!".
(Y/n) hums in confusion before her gaze goes down to where Cuphead was looking, "oh, right. Did you just realize I was a mermaid".
Cuphead's face flushed red in embarresment, nodding slightly. (Y/n) giggles again, making the cupheaded male's heart flutter in delight, lifting her tail a little, "its how I managed to save you. There wasn't land for miles, so no one else would have been able to help. It was lucky I was close by".
"Golly....I didn't think mermaids were real..." Cuphead mumbles, bewildered but smiling in amazement.
"Coming from the person with a literal cup for a head" (y/n) taunts, brushing her hair behind her ear.
Cuphead rolls his eyes playfully, turning his head away, "oh fuck off".
The (h/c) haired female giggles again, making Cuphead's smile widen. "Say, maybe I can help you find your friends!".
"You will?!" Cuphead asks like an excited child in a toy store, hope in his eyes as he stared deeply into the mermaid's (e/c) ones.
(Y/n) nods happily, smiling widely, "yeah! I'd gladly help! I don't want you to feel alone".
Cuphead squeals happily, tightly hugging the female, repeating 'thank you!' over and over. When he pulled away, he noticed a small blush on the girl's face, making himself blush when he realized what he did.
"Uh," he clears his throat, shyly rubbing the back of his neck, "I..I mean...thanks. I really appreciate it...".
"I....can tell" (y/n) remarks, collecting herself, "nevermind that, lets search for your friends!".