News

Higgins: "Any news?"

Operator: "No, sir. Everything's been out of order for over a month..."

Hissa came to bring the commander a lunch tray, his little one slung over his shoulder and sucking his thumb.

Higgins stood up: "Oh, what a handsome little boy... he has your eyes, my friend..."

He wanted to caress him.

"Beware, they're like wild lizards at that age and you have to watch your fingers...his teeth are razor sharp...they're half human and their humanity is gradually awakening.

But the little one had a good character and let himself be stroked by uncle Higgins. He purred like this.

Hissa was hoping for a tip, a clue, just a word.

They had coffee together while the little one chewed on a dried sinew to make his sharp teeth. He'll do it all the time in his life as a human raptor...

Suddenly another collaborator appeared in the room, glasses on his nose and a piece of paper he was looking at. He hadn't noticed that Hissa was in front of the commander. Probably because of his skin...

"There was carnage on the other side of the world. A garrison, a village and a whole herd of horses and cows gone. The fighting must have been terrible. They found a trail and a videotape. The monster was like a kaiju. Godzilla... but with hooves. Everything was crushed. Even the underground tunnels were overturned. Not a single survivor.

The village was the same. They were mostly Japanese settlers...

Same tracks on the ground.

Higgins: "I have a guest... a little more attitude please..."

"Oh, sorry Mrs Hissa, congratulations for your child!"

Higgins: "Any sign of the monster... the five-headed giant?"

Turning to Hissa who was watching.

"No... no tracks..."

Higgins: "They're hungry... it's carnage..."

Then he thought aloud: "They're cunning. Appearing and disappearing without a trace or survivors... guerrillas..."

If Ivan were really alive.

When Hissa came out after snacking together, she pulled out a handkerchief... "If it could be true that he was alive????!!

She quickly went to find Argentrix to give him a secret report.

Argentrix, who had regained his strength and iron will, welcomed Hissa as a human and they hugged each other.

Mother Hissa (mother-in-law), did you check everything for my expedition?

"Yes, my darling, but what you want to do is crazy. The dragons might be mad at me, but I'm also Ivan's mother... and I'd do anything to get him back. Here we have a trace, a faint hope, but he's in the other world, surrounded by those filthy Axis forces...

I can't go with you, I have Ivan's little brother, and if he were older, stronger, I swear I'd go with you. But it's suicide for a baby to go on a trip like that...

You're my daughter, too, and you're strong, stronger than you think. Don't be afraid, even of their trembling goddess. Don't forget that you have her blood in you and if you show that you are braver than those golden cowards, she will know the difference. She won't hurt you. I'm sure she won't."

Hissa hugged Argentrix like it was the last time they'd ever see each other.

Argentrix: "I love you, Mama..." She wiped away the lizard woman's tears and kissed the little one on her back.