THE DRAGON'S PRISONER OF WAR

Kirine, the baroness was crying a lot and was terrified when I dropped her off near Bob. In case she was injured, I launched first aid on her. And as she panicked, I cast the soothing spell on her. And she fell asleep in the arms of Bob.

We had made an alcove and Bob had made extra beds in case I had guests.

In the cavern's alcoves, there were plenty of terrarium cages and insect jars to feed the entire animal house.

I must have had a grain, but sometimes I loved capturing all kinds of bugs and putting them in terrariums. I had stolen windows from time to time and it was used to make terracotta bins and a window to look at. A fence was the hardest, but Bob was doing it as a favor. I enchanted objects all to amaze Bob. I had quartz stones and I enchanted them with light and warmth. No more flare-ups. And I chose the color so I had all the colors in my den. It was very pretty.

I was working with bob to make me a terracotta steam locomotive and the bronze mechanism. I cast the bronze by blowing on it and Bob poured it into a clay mold and then we managed to make the wheels, the boiler and the pistons. It was over when I kidnapped the kid.

For the boiler, we would put water in and I would put a magic heating stone and the water would boil and tchouuk tchouuk!

I had whistle boilers and all kinds of steam stuff. Bob and I were having a great time . I gave him the piggy bank, telling him, for your old age, but he replied that it was already his old age.

Kirine watched us laugh and play steam train. I loved doing a big circuit that went through tunnels through the walls but sometimes it would fall down and I needed Bob to pick them up so I would whine and he would give in.

Then I tell him" Hey Bob, are we going to try the steamboat?"

Yes, but on the basin!

Then Kirine got up from her alcove and approached us! and got down on her knees.!

She had long blond hair and a dress with small flowers. And was 6 years old too.

"Mr. Dragon, sir, are you going to eat me?"

They turned their heads and said, "Oh, there you are! Our princess is standing!

"Listen, my little one, my name is Ivan and I'm your age! And this is Bob, the salt-packer and my friend. If you want, you can come and play with us! We're going to test a boat in a pool I made and then I'm going to go to the lake with Bob who will prepare food for us. I'm going to go swimming! And play with the boat and see if it reaches the other side of the bank. I have another one with sails and if you want we can race."

"Aren't you going to eat me?"

"I've never eaten anyone or killed anyone!"

"But the people you blew on?"

"Oh, it was snow! It stung them a little bit, especially those with swords, the cold froze their fingers a little. If they are hurt they can come here and apologize and I will treat them. I know how to heal very well, you know? And Bob who was blind, I fixed his eyes."

"But why did you kidnap me?"

"I have nothing against you, but your father and the leaders of this city have hurt me badly. I cried a lot! I had a spear that pierced my thigh and I was dying of pain and in my ribs. I just wanted to buy a pot to cook the pig.

Then I wanted to save Bob who had done nothing wrong than to play a game of checkers and chess with me and I had a spear in my stomach and an arrow in my throat.

It hurt so much that my tongue fell out and I was urinating blood and the poison was terrible.

I really thought I was going to die. All this to avoid cutting off my only friend's head and for wanting to buy a little salt and spices to get back to the taste of Mom's cooking."

Kirine: "Do you have a mother?"

"I had. She died falling from the sky with me. I survived thanks to the dragon that exchanged our bodies at the time of impact."

Kirine: "Were you human? Well?"

"Yes, I was human. And I miss Mom and Grandmother and I'm all alone in the world!"

"And you're the one who killed Uther?" she asked.

No, Uther was dying and I treated him. We buried together all his friends that the dragon had killed but it was the other one who exchanged, not me and as he was smart we became friends.

We ate and camped together and he gave me this medal, the proof!

But since he was friends with me and there was no longer any reason to attack me, his friends poisoned him to shut him up and keep a dragon to hunt. That way they can pay mercenaries, armor, and soldiers. Without me they have no job."

Kirine: "So you're a nice dragon!?"

"Yes, but don't mess with me!"

"How long do I have to stay?"

"I don't know, I didn't think about it, but Bob could bring you back by saving you from me and maybe they'd forgive him, right?

Otherwise, all your daddy has to do is come and apologize and go home with you! I don't care about silver or gold, but stop shooting at me."

"Kirine, are you weak then???"

"Me what? I could scare you, but I don't want to. If I wanted to, I could raze the city to the ground, but I'm not a murderer. I wouldn't know how to sleep knowing that a child like me would have lost his or her mom or dad because of me. I still have my dad and I miss him, but that's impossible.

Kirine: "But why wouldn't you know?"

"Because they are in 1977, the dragon took my place and he told me in 2019 that he was very old and that all the others died of old age. I have no one left waiting for me there! There are 1320 years between us."

CRYING CRYINGS

TEARS.

Ivan, come on, we're going to play, but how are we going to call Daddy?

We're going to build a tower for you! By the lake, not here.

If you want we can build it together. Or a cabin?

Yes, a cabin is easier.

And Bob will go to the next village to get what you need, okay? You tell me what you need and you'll get it. You'll write to your mom on a scroll and you know what? We'll play scraboudjas and makokoille! I have lots of paintings in small pots that I taxed the merchants and you're going to make brushes.

Then boar hairs were taken and pricked into clay on a stick and put in the oven and the clay hardened with the hairs and all kinds of brushes were used

I had fat and we mixed the melted fat with the pigments and we had oil paint and gouache.

I had a lot of skins from my previous meals and we had fun making colorful veneers and Kirine drew me as a big black spot on the meadow with sun and grass.

We dried it and went to the pottery. Kirine had never had so much fun. No tutor or teachers and I taught her to do an addition and subtraction and division that I had learned in school in the last year (end of first primary).

I went back to the castle once and dropped a bag with Kirine's paintings that she was alive and that I wanted an apology for him to come looking for her ABSOLUTELY ALONE.

I had of course heard such a plan! Humiliate him!

This plan consisted in announcing that the brave baron would go alone to pick up his daughter at the lake hut. And that of course if he had to use his power, he would pretend to be an idiot in front of everyone and the court!

If he came accompanied otherwise than by the mother or her servant, I will go with her and sell her to slave traders. And the money would be given to the clergy to pray for her. (LIE)