Sherif

Ezra arrived in the lobby where the soldiers were located.

I was in the inner courtyard, behind a heavy wooden door, on the training ground.

"Hello, Sheriff, to what do I owe your visit?"

The man dressed in black leather, a long black coat and a black cloak was indeed the Sheriff sent by the King.

"There is a dragon here and we come to capture him and bring him to justice for his crimes."

"I'm the guild leader and I think you're looking for the wrong dragon."

Rogue: "I represent the Law and Her Majesty Felicius II. I have a warrant for the so-called Ténébrion.

If you interfere with my work, I will close the guild and you will be considered an accomplice to its countless crimes.

The King was also mandated by other kingdoms to ensure that justice was done. It is also political and whether your dragon is guilty or innocent, he will have to be brought before the court.

Outside, net launchers and ballistas were installed.

Rogue opened the door and saw me, terrified and in a ball in the middle of the courtyard.

Ezra shouted at me: "Ivan, don't say anything! Absolutely nothing, a magistrate of the Guild will defend you! If you say anything, it will be turned against you and certainly not violence. Cheer up, we'll get you out of there."

Rogue: "Ah, at least he understands! "

The men surrounded me with their swords outside and I could see that they all had anti-dragon equipment thanks to my "Dragon Plague" spell.

I moaned a little bit and then lowered my head in submission.

A rope was put around my neck because they were expecting a fight that, in the end, did not take place to the great surprise of the soldiers and Sheriff Rogue.

I then followed the soldiers and Sheriff Rogue, who was on horseback beside me, holding my rope on his saddle.

He finally spoke to me: "You make it easier for me and it will be in your favor during your trial. I'm surprised you're turning yourself in. Would you feel remorse or have you prepared a mischievous blow as usual.

I've been stalking you for years and I was getting to know you well, but once again, I let myself be surprised."

"Sheriff, this is the first time I've seen you..."

Rogue: "Hahahaha, well done amnesia or madness, but don't worry, we also execute the madmen!"

"My name is Ivan, not Ténébrion!"

Rogue: "Hahahaha, I don't get that one! I'm used to hearing all kinds of excuses. It seems that in front of the executioner, the body behaves like different people:

For example, the last criminal who was beheaded said, "I didn't kill him, my hand went out alone to get a knife. I tried to hold her with the other hand but she was stronger. Judge, could you only cut off an innocent man's hand and not his head? HAHA made court. The swear declared that the brain was the mastermind of the crime and that the hand that a simple executor therefore to save the hand, one will cut off the head, the hand will be released."

Me: "Your comedy scares me!"

Rogue:" Normal, I'm a Sheriff"

They arrived in front of the castle gates and locked me in the underground dungeon. Out of the cells, too small.

The next day, I was woken up and told that we were going to the capital.

A small army escorted me and adventurers from other guilds were there as escorts in case I wanted to escape.

After 2 days of walking, we arrived at the foot of a huge wall surrounded by towers

Each tower without a roof housed magical balistas specially designed against dragons and air threats.

I knew I might only get out of here dead.

I also felt the presence of the unicorn but in the form of a human being hidden among the troops guarding me.

We entered directly through the main entrance of the city and passed through the central square where thousands of people booed at me and threw rubbish, stones and other abominations at me.

The Sheriff shouted: "Stop, only when he has been judged, not before! Respect the serfs who will have to clean it before presenting it to the judge."

The crowd calmed down but the insults, threats and insults did not waver. Many were demanding justice and others hiding behind soldiers for fear that I would eat them.

Finally, a grate, a harrow rose, I lowered my head to pass and it closed behind the guards.

The rope was tied to a pole with a ring and I was told to lie down on a huge pile of straw.

I was scared to death.