A LITTLE MAGIC

The mythical place was called Avalon but I was in Tintagel, Cornwall.

Lord Titus took over the torch but the Grail was sent back to Palestine to counter the misfortunes of the Bretons.

I was confined to the caves of the castle.

I went out hunting and eating and I never talked. Politics was dangerous and I didn't want to make any commotion to make the soldiers angry.

It is said that the shadow is the strongest near the lamp, but that is correct. I was safer near those who could occire me than being far away and an expedition sent me to my death. The knights didn't like me.

Actually none! And the fact that Merlin disappeared was suspicious of me. I was a docile beast and nothing else. They kept me alive because I was the only vestige of the fantastic epic.

There was NO more magical creature. ALL missing. There was only me left and they were afraid that by killing me, the magic, already exhausted, would disappear completely and the plague would eat away at the country.

Lancelot had gone mad and he killed several knights, those who denounced him and he gave me hateful looks and I answered by lowering my head not to provoke him and I moaned like a dog in his presence.

Kirine remained as a friend but we had to separate because relations between Andalusia and Brittany were at their lowest and an exemplary victim could quickly be found in her person because she was close via her father, to the Wisigoth king.

One day Lancelot came and said to me:

"Our community of the round table becomes a religious order and extends across Brittany and Francia. We are being attacked by German and Danish armies. And dragons led by Jörmungand, ex Mordred, are coming here.

An Othar from Zagorcens, said the butcher of Serbia, comes to join him.

Stay out of this, it's good advice and I know you hate knights. You gave us a hell of a lot of trouble on the other side and you better not run away or associate yourself with those dragons or dragoness.!

I don't have a choice, but you'll have to be chained up here. Accept and live, refuse and die! You will have to defend and guard our treasure, the Grail. Whoever left is a fake. The real one is here! In the treasure chest. "

"King Arthur's daughter, your princess, is here and you must protect her. We're going to war!

I asked Lancelot not to put me on a chain, but I promise to stay here and keep the castle.

He then said to me: "If you run away, Kirine and her family, I will kill them personally!"

Then he closed the heavy doors behind him and I remained alone in the castle. My only occupation was Merlin's grimoires and learning spells and medicine and math, a lot of math. But knowledge was 99% about how to make a spell effective with the little mana or Chi that a human being was able to generate.

Like Merlin, son of the devil and a human being, forgiven by God and allowed by him to live among us mainly thanks to the kindness of his mother, he had quite a bit of mana but nothing in comparison to me.

So what concerned me was actually only 1% of his research. And what came naturally to me had to be calculated and drawn in order to activate this or that effect. Many of his observations were things that we learned at 6 years old in school, but for the Middle Ages, well, the High Middle Ages it was not always obvious.

The most twisted thing was chemistry. It was only after crushing and filtering with non-reproducible effects that modern chemistry has been able to clarify.