ABYSS

I learned that sea dragons managed to pass with the dracosires and that they could not be found. They will resurface when they are in need of mana..... whatever...

I was allowed to retire, my role as negotiator having ended, I returned to Argentrix who had secretly cared for his grandparents and his father. There was nothing left under the bandages and they were getting better.

It was the first time I saw Goldur... well, not as Robin....

My head was down... and I was a human....a boy....

I waited for him to speak... I had a Dracosire in front of me and I knelt down and prostrated myself in front of him....

he made a grin of boredom, as if my kindness was interfering with his plans...

Goldur: "Ivan, Ivan........Tssssssss. Thank you for helping my little girl and my daughter Auronne. You took good care of my family.

Also, I wasn't honest with you... and you have a right to know that I was with you as Robin, I was watching you.

Pfffff...

(Big sigh).

Look, Ivan, I'm not going to go down any different road.

I am a Golden Dragon and my family have been Golden Dragons for generations and generations. Emperor Sinitria is my great-grandfather.

We purge evil in all its forms and we have made our world more or less peaceful. Apart from a few demons and dark clans there are no longer any real wars but just a few conflicts not exceeding hundreds of deaths.

Are you following me?"

Argentrix, frightened by his grandfather's speech, jumped on me and faced Goldur, between him and me, lying down and obstructing her with her little body.

Argentrix: "Grandpa, please, I love Ivan! I swear he didn't do anything to me but I love him I love him I love him and I don't want us to be separated. If you want to kill him, then kill me!"

Auronne intervened and also came between Goldur and me:

"Dad, I didn't treat you... Ivan treated you. We no longer have any powers... Please! Please! PAPA! PAPA? MOTHER??"

Goldur had a dark look and so did Emerald. She shed a tear. Then 2 then she burst into tears and turned her back on Auberonne.

Goldur tense, looked at me and then at his daughters and then at me, who said nothing.

He slammed violently on the ground:

DAMN IT!

I can't do that.... I can't... I won't be able to look at myself in the mirror..."

He saw his wife and daughter and his little girl full of tears and he saw his mother crying for her father and father who had done the irreparable and had ended up committing suicide, no longer being able to look at himself in the mirror.

We were in a medical hangar made of aluminium canvas and doctors were in an annex next door. They could see us from afar but only heard growls and slaps. But they were used to it.

Then he asked me a question:

"Ivan, look me in the eye. What is a golden dragon to you?"

Me: "The gentle dragons?? who have a heart of gold?"

Goldur cried....

"Yes, you're right... come into my arms..." And he took me in his arms and lifted me up like a child.

"Ivan, you're a demon Lord, you know that? What is a demon lord to you???? What role does he have?"

Me: "He's a guide?? To channel the forces of nature? "