Traque

Last night, I wasn't quiet about Sam.

A violent storm had broken out and I went out to refuel.

As I flew away from a dark corner, I saw that there was no one outside. Everyone away from the rain. So I was going to gnaw at my frustrations with lightning and to my great surprise some of them had different "tastes" depending on the expected impact area.

Then, looking down, I saw Akar under a rubber hood (natural latex) and Brutus.

They were carrying a stretcher, I think, and there was blood. Krull followed them and they loaded the wounded or dead man into a cart and quickly left under the hail for another village?

As I was charging, the lightning flash showed me Sam's face.

They went into a tunnel and I no longer saw them. But I saw Brutus holding a bloody sword.

The next morning, we all asked where Sam went. Hissa tells us that he fell down the stairs and was taken to the other tribe's temple to give him better care and that the big money would pass there before our village.

Hissa: "I think it will take him some time to recover!"

Then we went to play around the orphanage and Arthur told me: "We have to run away together without getting the adults' attention. We have to prepare everything now, especially while they take care of Sam or what's left of him...

Here, Ivan, do you hear that?"

I said," What?"

Arthur: "We don't hear Paul fixing the temple roof anymore... Quick, let's go and see"

We went around the temple but there were no traces of Paul, the handyman. He is a lizard man and they are strong and flexible but we entered the temple and saw Paul lying dead! Head turned over, hammer still in hand. The scaffolding broke and he fell down badly.

Next to the broken scaffolding was Brutus' knife, the one he used to peel his fruit.

I wanted to wax to call for help, but Arthur stopped me.

"He's had enough for killing Saphie."

"He must have fallen off the scaffolding that broke.

We should talk to Hissa about it," I said.

"No! We don't tell anyone, we can't know we're investigating the temple," Arthur told me.

They went to the dining hall to wash themselves before eating.

But then Hissa, who was carrying dirty laundry to wash it in the laundry room, went through the temple again and had a shiver of horror.

Paul was dead, his neck broken 180° below the temple, in the main nave, a hole in the roof with him, passed through...

Then Hissa ran to the village chief's house to say that a horrible accident had occurred.

Krull arrived with 2 guards who transported Paul to his home for the wake.

Krull, taking the body in a cart, told him to watch the school and report anything suspicious to him.

Hissa then ran to see what was happening and she didn't see any children and everyone seemed suspicious, distant and abnormal.

One of the ropes holding the rungs of the scaffold ladder was severed. And below, she saw the knife.

His face pinched!

At mealtime, Hissa was crying and worried.

We all gave our share to Tom who took refuge in the food because of his stress. He was as skinny as a nail and ate like a glutton. We didn't know where he put the food...