Chapter 16: Creatures Among Us! Part 3

First Uploaded: March 2014 Dates updated: January or February 2018; October 31 2019; Jan. 23, 2020 8:24PM)

       A tall tanned male stands in Kylie's doorway watching Finn lamely flirt with Kylie. "Dude. You have no game." He says laughing. Finn and Kylie look up startled. Kylie gets up quickly. "Ummmm. Who are you? And why are you in my house?" She asks worriedly. Finn stands up with Kylie and places an arm around her shoulders. Did this stranger get past Nicholas? What did he do to Nicholas? Kylie's anxiety creeps up on her. She walks up to the long-haired stranger. Finn doesn't let go of Kylie. "What did you do to my brother? Who are you and what do you want?" She yells. The stranger steps back as he puts his hands up. "I was invited by your dad." He tells her. Kylie and Finn look at each other. "Did you find the bathroom Matt?" Nicholas's voice is heard coming up the stairs. "Hey, Finn. Did you get the answers you needed?" Nicholas asks Finn as he walks up next to Matt. Finn's brows crease together. "What?" Nick looks at Kylie. "You needed to get answers from my sister for a Marine Biology project before school starts back up." Finn nods. Everything clicking together. He forgot he had to come up with an excuse to see Kylie. "Oh, yeah. I got everything I needed." He looks at Kylie and smiles. Matt smirks at Finn and Kylie. "Looks like you did." He blurts out staring at Kylie and Finn. Nick looks at Finn's arm around his sister's shoulder. "Well, that's good." He says plainly. Not sure how to react to his sister getting over Jacob so quickly. "So this is Matthew Miles. He and his family just moved nearby." Nick motions toward the dark-haired stranger. Nick points at Kylie. "And this is my sister." "And...I guess her boyfriend." Nick says sounding sad. Kylie looks at her brother. "Ummm.....he's not." She says lowly. Finn looks at his arm. He slowly takes it off. "Sorry. Forgot." Kylie looks up at Finn and smiles sweetly. "It's okay." Nick looks at them not believing his sister. He looks at Matt. "Dad wants us to go to dinner with Matt and his family to welcome them into the neighboorhood." Matt looks at Kylie. "So what's your name beautiful?" He winks at her. Kylie flinches. Finn glares at Matt. Nick looks at Matt trying to ignore him flirting with his sister.

"If my dad wants to go to that restaurant before it closes, I should get him. He's been on the phone for a while." Nick says walking down the hall. Matt watches Nick. He looks at Kylie again. He smiles. "Maybe after dinner; you and I can go on a romantic picnic on Moanie island and maybe take a swim on one of the amazing beaches." He winks at her. Kylie's face whitens. What a creep? Their first time meeting he asks her out seeing she is with another guy. Well, she and Finn aren't actually together. He did ask her out. And she hasn't said anything yet. She doesn't know what to say.

Jealousy creeps up on Finn as Matt is eying Kylie. "So you're shy?" "That's cute. You won't be shy after our date. I'll kiss you and you'll come out of you're shell. " Matt says. Kylie shrinks behind Finn, her anxiety acting up. Finn cools down when he notices Kylie behind him. "So you guys aren't together. But she still clings to you." Matt says pointing to Kylie. Finn rolls his eyes. "If she's being harassed. Of course, she's going to cling to me."Matt smiles at Kylie holding onto Finn's arm. "If it sounded like I was harassing you. I'm sorry." Kylie stays behind Finn. She nods. Matt looks at Finn and back at Kylie. "I just sensed something. Something different." He says. "Like what?" Finn asks. Matt nods to Kylie. "Do you not know about her?" He asks Finn curiously. Finn and Kylie look at each other worried. Matt's eyebrows raise. "Has she not shown you?" He says. Kylie stands there clutching onto Finn's arm wondering what in the world this person is talking about.