Heal

Johns POV

"Do you even fucking want this quadruple!?" Pep shouted for what felt like the millionth time during our final training session in the UK. Pep and Mikel both thought that it would be a good idea to fly out to Madrid a few days prior to the final to adjust to the temperature out there. "John, can we speak?" He then asked. I jogged away from the main group over to him. "Please sit" He then said as we walked over to the seats where the media would sit and watch our training sessions every now and then.

"So, I have spoken to Bradleigh and she is flying with us tomorrow. I just want to make sure that you are okay with this?"

"I can't not be okay with it can I" I half laughed. I haven't seen her in just over two weeks now.

"Have you heard anything from her?" He then asked.

"Not directly no" I said. "But it's impossible not to watch her vlogs or see her Instagram posts or rewatch every snapchat story she posts"

"And what has she been up to?" He asked.

"She's been focusing a lot more on herself. She has been spending time with the girls and making YouTube videos with her original YouTube mates, and some new ones. She's been going to spa days and having afternoon tea but also been going to festivals and clubs and getting absolutely wasted"

"And you are going to ignore that Instagram post?" He then said, almost as a question. He pulled out his phone to remind me, as if I forgotten about it.

@bradleighreynolds: never have i ever been so thankful for someone before

@bradleighreynolds: never have i ever been so thankful for someone before. This man here is more than I ever deserve and therefore he deserves not to be taken by myself. Winks and myself have spoken about this in great length and we have both decided that now is not the right time for us. Honestly I'm gutted but sometimes ladies you need to let yourself heal correctly before you rush into something else. Winks and I remain good friends and sorry girls you're gonna have to get past me before you get to him & I want him back home by 12 latest x

@harrywinks: love u forever & always x

@dele: I don't know whether to cry because I'm sad or because this is so damn cute.

@ericdier: @dele come cry with me bby

@kevindebruyne: can't wait to see you my bestie xxx

"I didn't read into it too much" I huffed. "How'd I know it's true?" I shrugged.

"Have you ever heard Brad tell a lie before?" He answered my question with a question.

"I suppose not" I answered. "But look she said she's healing or whatever, there is no way she is going to want to talk to me" I added.

"We're going to Madrid for a whole week, I would like to see you two not even say hi to each other" he stated. "I'll see you at the airport tomorrow, midday" he ended our conversation with and stood up to walk away. I stood up and brushed myself down before joining back into the training session.

Bradleighs POV

I drove up to Manchester the night before the flight out to Madrid as Kevin said I was welcome to stay at his. On the way there I picked up some pizza for him, his wife and myself and then pulled up into his driveway.

"Oh my I've missed you!" He said as he gave me a hug that nearly suffocated me. "I have so much to tell you" he added. I walked through to their front room and placed the different pizzas around.

"Me me me!" His son walked in, indicating that he wanted a slice. I giggled and handed him one which made him so excited her ran away.

After a few drinks, Kevin told me about how the Kyle and John fight actually unfolded and funny little anecdotes from training. He led me upstairs to the spare bedroom where I would be spending the night.

"I'll see you in the morning" he smiled and closed the door behind him.

My alarm went off at 8 am and after a while of tossing and turning in bed I finally managed to pull myself out and into a shower. I changed into a pair of grey joggers and a simple white t shirt. I left my hair in plaits to dry and did the most minimal make up possible to make me look acceptable.

"Are you nervous to see John?" Kevin asked me in the taxi on the way to the airport.

"Kind of" I huffed. "Like before I've always had Winks to fall back on, or use almost as an excuse as to why he shouldn't be trying to talk to me but now if he tries to talk to me and I tell him to fuck off, I'll just look like a asshole"

"Maybe you don't have to tell him to fuck off" Kevin replied with. "Maybe you could just be civil"

"How can I be civil with someone that broke my heart?" I frowned. "I wish I could say I hate him but in reality I don't. I love him. It's weird like when I first met him, at first glance I wasn't the slightest bit attracted to him and everyone knows our first ever conversation was an argument but then when we actually started to talk, without arguing and well, with every word, every smile and every laugh he became more and more beautiful. It's fucking bullshit to be honest"

"What you are feeling is normal Brad" Kevin smiled and took my hand. "How can you suddenly not love someone? You spent nearly a year with John, nearly everyday you saw him so how can you just not have these feelings anymore" he added. I didn't reply to this statement but instead just sat, staring out of the window thinking about all the good and bad times I had with John.

"There is no need to get upset about it" Kevin then squeezed my hand as he saw a tear slip from my eye. "Whatever happens between you and John I will be here for you and support all the decisions that you make" he added. As we pulled up to the airport he helped me fix my face up so you couldn't tell I had a breakdown before we walked to the lounge to meet everyone.

"Bradleigh" Pep walked over to me as I was pouring myself a coffee.

"How have you been?" I asked him as we haven't seen each other since the FA cup.

"I've been fine, how have you been?" He asked.

"Yeah fine" I simply said.

"Truthfully? You cried before you came into this room so how are you saying you're fine" he said. Before I could even deny the fact that I did in fact have a mental breakdown before I came in here he interrupted. "Don't even try and say you didn't, I just know"

"It's just hard" I huffed. "As much as I don't want to be with John, as thinking about what he did makes me feel physically sick, I also want to just give him a massive bear hug and play with his hair until he falls asleep" I blurted out and then realised how weird it was talking about this with technically my manager.

"He needs you Bradleigh and you need him, more than you both know. But I think you two are both too stubborn to make the first move"