Happy Birthday

Johns POV

I arrived to training on Thursday and everyone was on a good mood. Knowing that the quadruple is still on gave everyone motivation to train harder. However, as it is Bradleighs birthday today Pep said we were doing training in the morning and then celebrating in the afternoon; so Bradleigh could have a lie in. Although we all knew she would be up and working away at home.

As a team we all made her a happy birthday video which we had all been preparing for the end of the season, but as she announced it was her birthday we thought it would be a good idea to give it to her now. The guys also got her a few separate presents, even though she insisted she didn't want anything.

"Happy birthday beautiful" I smiled as she arrived at the stadium. I planted a kiss on her lips.

"Thank you darling" she smiled back.

"Come on, Pep wants to speak to everyone in the auditorium" I took her hand. She had no idea what we have planned.

"Well let me put my stuff in my office" she said.

"You'll be fine!" I huffed of what she said. I took one of her bags to help her out. I could see her till her eyes from the corner of my eye but I knew she would understand.

"Surprise!" Everyone shouted as we walked into the auditorium.

"Oh my god" she cover her face. "You guys! I said I didn't want anything!" She added. I squeezed her hand and she looked up to me and smiled.

"Happy birthday Bradleigh" Pep walked over and handed her a birthday card. "Open it then" he rubbed his hands together. She placed her bags down and everyone else sat down to watch her open her card. She opened it and read out the card aloud.

Dearest Bradleigh

You have only been here for a short time but yet you have had such an impact on everyone's life but especially mine. You have taught me that there is more to life then just football and that maybe I should just enjoy myself and the money I have more often.

You are so amazing and I hope someone tells you that everyday

Love

Pep x

"Turn the page" Pep then said. She gave him a puzzled look but did as she said. She turned the page and everyone watched her in silence. A piece of paper fell onto the floor which she picked up.

"I know this probably isn't the best present but I hope you like it" he smiled.

"Well, what is it!" Kyle shouted from up top where I was not sat with him. She read the paper as quick as she could.

"It's a contract" she said.

"Bradleigh, we love you here and we want you to stay for as long as you want to" Pep smiled to her.

"I would love to Pep" she smiled back and held her hand out for him to shake.

"Don't be stupid" he laughed and gave her a hug which she accepted. "Please sit down. The guys have somethings for you" He then smiled to her. She made her way up and sat herself down next to me and then Kevin was to the other side of her.

"Here, I got this for you" Kevin smiled and handed her a small bag with a ribbon on top.

"Oh guys, really you didn't have to do this" she smiled and took her hand out of mine to undo the ribbon. She took out a small box which she opened up to reveal a diamond necklace with a matching ring.

"Oh my god Kevin!" She gave him a massive hug. "I can't believe you got me this" she added. It was a matching ring and necklace which she had been looking at for months now. When we would all go out in the city or even drive past this jewellery shop and say how beautiful this piece of jewellery actually is, but when we would say to go in and get it she would always say she would come back another time. I know her and Kevin are best mates or whatever, but I can't believe that he got her that. I mean I know I got her what she asked for, and I am going to take her out or whatever. But it's the sentiment that is better.

Bradleighs POV

"Okay, Brad. We all got you one last present" Vincent smiled.

"For god sake! You guys spoil me honestly" I thanked them for what felt like the one hundredth time today. I sat back down in my seat next to John and Kevin.

"You okay?" I asked John.

"Yeah" He said, almost bluntly. Before I could say anything else to him the lights went of and a video started to play.

"Okay, how the fuck does she get this thing to focus all the time?" We heard Mikel talking behind the camera which made everyone laugh.

"Happy birthday Bradleigh!" Bernardo jumped into frame wearing a birthday hat and then popped a party popper. "Thank you for always getting the best angles of me" he ran his hands over his beard which made everyone laugh.

"Bradleigh!" The footage then moved onto Mendy. "Thank you for being my partner in crime and thank you for always being up for a drink, the other guys are so boring sometimes. Without you I'm pretty sure Pep would have me out of this team in a click" he laughed.

"Not true!" Pep shouted over the video.

"I'm so pissed you know that John managed to bag her before me" Raheem said on the video. "He didn't even like her at first" he threw his hands up. "Oi Bradleigh Yeah, Happy birthday and that. If John doesn't live up to the standards you deserve you know where I live" he said and made a call me gesture to the camera. John hit him over the head. The video then showed small clips of me messing about the with guys. Stuff like me having a rap battle with Kyle and then me scoring my first penalty against Ederson. It then switched to John who was sat on a stool in front of the camera.

"So, what do you want to say to Bradleigh?" Mikel asked who was behind the camera.

"Well obviously happy birthday" he smiled but looked nervous. "It's hard to put into words sometimes what people mean to you, but I have never met someone like you before. I love you for so many reasons. You are sentimental, genuine, hard working, hilarious and beautiful. Because you work at our relationship, almost as hard as you work on everything else. Because you laugh at my wonderful jokes" he was saying.

"Bit rich" I laughed.

"Because you tell me I look handsome when I come in from training and I have fall over so there is dry blood on my face and greasy sweaty hair. Because you watch the tv shows that I love and you hate but you don't complain until it's over. I love you more than fake birds and the man who invented Pringles. Someone you always see the best in me and that is irreplaceable. Thank you for catching me when I fall, looking at me the way you do when I play football, putting up with my shit and being my partner" he was saying. I could burst with how cute he was being.

"I love this little life we have created and the journey we are on. I cant imagine going through life with anyone else. I love you Bradleigh and I hope you have a wonderful birthday" he finished his little speech.

The video ended with the moment they won the Carabao cup final and they picked me up and ran onto the pitch with me.

"Thank you guys" I smiled and gave them all a hug.

"Okay guys some on, back to training" Pep clapped. I gathered all my stuff and put it into the back of my car before I went to the pitch to film. I walked past the changing rooms on the way to the pitch.

"What's wrong bro?" I could hear Kevin ask John through the door.

"I just feel so stupid for not thinking about getting her the necklace and ring she wanted" I could hear John then respond with.

"I'm sure whatever you have got her is so much better"

"But she loved that, there is no way I can compete with that" John sounded like he threw something across the room. "We've only just started talking again, this could of been my big chance to win her back"

"You never lost her man, you don't need to win her back"