Lose her

John's POV

"Well what do you mean not the right time for us?" I asked.

"What I mean is that both our schedules are so busy, and we just don't have enough time for our own lives let alone our lives together" she explained.

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that maybe we should take some time apart" she huffed.

"What? Are you crazy? You went to throw away everything!" I panicked.

"I didn't say that, I said maybe we should spend some time away from each other to see how it goes" she repeated herself.

"But you work at city so that's just not possible" I said, trying to think of any way for her to change her mind.

"I've been thinking that maybe I take some time off"

"Well what's the point? The season is nearly over" i responded with.

"Am I really helping the team?" She asked. "Let's face it, not only am I distracting you but all the other guys by taking you away from your training to make videos"

"That's not true!" I argued. "You heard Pep, you are making us the closest we have ever been"

"Being close isn't going to make you win games" she huffed. "I think I should go"

"No!" I shouted. "You don't know what your are doing!" I added.

"I love you John, but because I love you I have to go" she spoke, tears forming in her eyes.

"What? When will I see you?"

"I don't know, when we were both ready" she began to pack her bags which were already half full as if she had been planning this for some time.

"That's not an answer and you know that" I tried to keep her to stay.

"Well I don't know then. Soon?"

"I know you don't want to leave!" I grabbed her and she tried to walk out of the door.

"I know, I don't want to leave. But when you love someone you want the best for them John and that's what I want for you. I want you to win the titles, I want you to be the best defender out there. But I don't think you can't do that with me" she explained.

"Bradleigh, you're not thinking right!" I tried to argue. "Please stay"

"I'll see you soon John" she half smiled. "I love you" she added and planted a soft kiss on my lips. Although she was now crying she looked beautiful. She was only in a pair of grey tracksuit bottoms and then one of my football jerseys. She had minimal if no make up on but she was naturally stunning that she didn't even need it. She had her bags in her hand and walked out out of the room.

Still panicking I threw on some clothes and sliders and then I went down to breakfast.

"Guys, there is a slight problem" I half lied, I mean there is a problem, just not a slight one.

"What's up?" Pep asked me. He was sitting with Raheem, Kevin, Phil and Delphy.

"Brad, she's left"

"Left?" Pep laughed out of disbelief.

"Well she saw my interview and she thinks that she's the reason we nearly lost the game. She said that she is distracting everyone and because she loves me she said she had to go" I explained the whole situation.

"What did you even say in the interview?" Kevin asked. I pulled out my phone and showed him the video of my saying I have been distracted and not really going to training much because of Bradleigh and her problems.

"We can't loose her John" Pep put his head into his hands. "You can't be selfish anymore, I don't care if you loose her. The team can't loose her"

Bradleigh's POV

I made my way to Marks house, not really knowing where to go. I took my phone out to read the headlines about yesterday's game.

Bradleigh Reynolds turns City's successes into bear failure.

bLADleigh no longer?

Stones to blame Reynolds for his shocking performance on Saturday.

Bradleigh's family history to harm city's quadruple.

I wiped away a tear that fell from my eye and took a deep breath. I was heartbroken that it had come down to this. Not only did I find the love of my life at City but I also found friends and what felt like a new family there.

From: Kevin x

Please think about what you are doing. We can't loose you x

I read the text but did not bother replying. I knew what I was doing was drastic but I knew it was the best thing for the team and for John.

I arrived at Marks place and explained the whole situation to him.

"What are you going to do?" He frowned and made me a cup of tea.

"Well I don't know, they're playing spurs on Tuesday so I don't know, it will give me time to clear my head"

"Are you going to go to that?" He asked me.

"I can't see myself going no" I huffed. "I need to clear my head" I added.

"Well whatever you do, I'll be here" Mark smiled

The next few days I started at Marks place and tried not to even think about John, or the City boys but that was just impossible. The game against Spurs ended 1-0 to Spurs. I went back to Manchester on Friday and sat at my home. I opened my phone up and decided to look through my texts which I turned the notifications of for.

From: Raheem x

Bradleigh, John isn't himself. I don't know if you have watched any of the games but none of us have been the same since you left. Not even Pep. He has been so stressed that he isn't aloud to sit in the box for the next 3 games. Please come back to us, we all miss you x

From: Kevin x

Even our mascot looks sad now you haven't been here :( John hasn't spoken to anyone, he comes to training and goes straight home. He does really miss you & he still cares x

From: Pep Guardiola

Bradleigh,
I know you have turned off all points of contact, and with your millions of followers there is no way I could try and message you on anything else. I know you don't think that you are important here but dare I say it you are probably more important than Mikel (don't tell him I told you this). Your outlook on football and life is so special here & the guys are already loosing their bond that they have and I can see that. They sit on their phones at lunch time & when I try to organise all the stuff you used to do they always say they're busy.

Just think about what you are going, please.

Pep

I locked my phone again and threw it to the opposite side of the sofa. I hadn't seen or spoken to any of the City boys in a week but it felt like I hadn't seen them in months.

The whole of Saturday I contemplated going to the game on Sunday or not. When Sunday morning came I woke up and jumped into the shower.

I'm going to the game.