New Relationships

Bradleigh's POV

We arrived at a beautiful Italian restaurant and John was being extremely lovely. He ordered us a lovely bottle of champagne whilst we were deciding on what to eat.

"Well cheers to new relationships" he smiled and tilted his glass forward.

"Yeah, cheers" I smiled as we knocked our glasses together.

The whole night was lovely, we spoke about everything and anything to future plans to embarrassing stories from when we were younger.

"Now I'm just gonna leave the bill in the middle and you guys can decide how you're going to sort it out" the waiter smiled and placed the bill on the table.

"Please let me pay" John reached to get his wallet out of his pocket.

"No way, let me pay my half" I got my purse out.

"No way, you paid for my kebab, I'll pay for this" he laughed and before I could argue anymore he gave the waiter his card.

"Right well, I owe you another kebab then" I smiled and thanked him again for the meal.

"Shall I walk you home?" He placed out his hand for me to take which I accepted graciously.

"So, you coming to the final on Sunday?" He asked me.

"Yeah" I smiled. "Mark lives in London so he said that he will meet me afterwards are we were gonna go up to a club in central London, obviously the guys and yourself are welcome" I explained.

"Yeah, it will be nice to meet Mark is well" he smiled.

"Wow, that sounded convincing" I lied.

"so honestly what did you think of me when we first met?" He asked as we were still walking.

"Honestly?" I asked. He just nodded "I thought you were literally a typical footballer. I mean you're not short of money let's face it. You're attractive, you've got tattoos. I mean let's not act like you don't know what the public think of football players"

"So then why did you invite me for a kebab that night?"

"Because I knew that you were a genuine down to earth guy that just acted up in front of your mates" I giggled. "So what is the best way to get to know someone? Getting pissed and eating a kebab" I added.

"well I thought tonight was alright" he shrugged.

"Yeah but you got a kiss last time, you haven't had the same success really?" I nudged him on the side playfully.

"Technically the date isn't over yet" he winked. After walking for longer then 15 minutes I realised that we weren't going in the direction of my house but instead his apartment which I dropped him too this morning.

"Wow smooth" I laughed as he opened the door to his flat which I hadn't actually been in yet, just waited downstairs in my car.

"Well you didn't realise did you" he shrugged and let me in first.

"Nice place" I complimented straight away. His place smelt like guys cologne and old football boots, not the best combination.

"Thanks, it's a bit of shit tip right now though." He laughed whilst running one of his hands through his hair, I guess trying to fix it from the wind outside.

I walked further into the room, revealing both the kitchen and living room area. Even though the rooms were joined, it was still pretty big and spacious. It was only John living here anyway. John had got all the main things like sofas, TV, kitchen appliances etc it was just little things that he needed to add to the place to make it feel more cosy.