Nandos Dates

Johns POV

I spent the rest of the week drinking quiet a lot and not eating properly at all. Training for the FA cup and the Champions League has become awkward for everyone as when both Kyle and I walked into training the next day with a black eye and a scratched up face. Pep tried to sit us down together to get us to talk things out but we were just as stubborn as each other and refused to even say a word.

Today was the day of the FA cup final so I arrived at the airport where we would be getting on the plane to take us to London. I made my way to the lounge where we would always meet to have a chat and some breakfast. I grabbed myself a Diet Coke and a glass and sat down on an empty table. I poured the coke in and from my bag pulled out a flask and added some vodka into it.

"It's not even 8 in the morning bro" Kevin joined me. I didn't bother to reply I just shrugged.

"So I suppose you have read the news" he said after a moment of silence.

"What the fact that she has been staying with Winks? The multiple instagrams she's posted clearly stating that I cheated? Or the Snapchat stories she posts of her and Winks cuddling in the sofa watching films and going on nandos dates? Yeah I've seen everything" I ranted.

"She's coming today though"

"What with Winks? That's great" I half laughed.

"She hates your guts John, but she's not one to rub it in your face" he said seriously. "Whatever happens with her and Winks or you and her will happen over time, but there is no need to throw your career down the drain for it. You work hard and have worked hard your whole life to be a footballer, there is no need to jeopardise it so stop drinking and feeling sorry for yourself and pull yourself together" he said, basically having a go at me. He stood up as he looked like he had enough of my shit and walked off.

The flight was always quick to London so when we arrived we took a coach to Wembley stadium so we could warm up and go through all the tactics to beat Watford. I wasn't surprised when Pep said I was starting on the bench but I still listened to all that needed to be said.

"Now finally" Pep began to say. "Bradleigh is going to be here today, and I don't want any fucking about, whatever has happened between you guys and Brad has happened and you are lucky that she is even here today. The one thing I don't want is for your personal lives to interfere with the clubs goals and aspirations, okay?" He said. I knew this was aimed at Kyle and I so I gave a small nod to Pep and then walked out of the changing room.

Bradleigh was already in the changing room helping the background guys put our kit out in the right order that we all like and make sure the right playlist was playing. She said hello to all the guys as she hasn't seen them in over a week and began to film around. She then handed her phone to Kevin to take a photo of her presumably for her Instagram. She thanked him and did a little twirl in her baby blue jumper dress as she did try and make an effort for finals to wear a baby blue outfit. I saw her type away on her phone and then place it into her handbag so she could continue to film. I then took out my phone and went onto Instagram to see what she posted.

She ended up posting a photo of her doing a silly kissy face which was slightly blurry. Her hair looked like it had been curled a few days ago So was loosely still there, she was also wearing a black belt around her waist which matched a pair of black heels which she wore for the photo but then changed into trainers afterwards so she wouldn't mess up the pitch.

@bradleighreynolds: trying to find blue outfits are becoming a lot harder than it looks, maybe we should stop winning everything?

@harrywinks: just rub it in that you're fit and don't work for Spurs yeah?

@bradleighreynolds: @harrywinks sorry b, Pep has my heart :(

Seeing Winks and Bradleigh publicly flirt in front of my face made my blood boil. I liked her post even though she probably wouldn't notice, grabbed my jumper and made my way out to the bench.

Bradleigh was already sat in her seat next to Mikel and then next to Mikel was Pep. Bradleigh and I made our first proper eye contact since everything happened. I gave her a weak smile which she clearly saw but chose to ignore and sit down. I threw my water bottle down and watched the match.

We all knew the match against Watford wouldn't be the hardest so when I got sent on I felt calm. The score was 6-0 and there wasn't long left so it was just about how many more we could score. Somehow I was in the penalty area with two Watford defenders and the goalkeeper in front of me.

"Shoot!" I heard Kevin shout from behind me. I kicked the ball into the direction of the goal but it deflecting off the goalkeepers hands and then over the goal.

"Fuck sake" I rolled my head back. I looked over to the box where everyone was stood up with their hands on their heads, including Brad.

The whistle soon went off and that was it, the third trophy of the season in the bag

The whistle soon went off and that was it, the third trophy of the season in the bag. Bradleigh began to hand out beers and bottles of champagne for us all the celebrate.

Kevin was with his wife and child celebrating his win. Bradleigh walked over to join them and handed them both and drink whilst she picked up Kevin's son and pulled some funny faces which made him giggle.

"How'd it feel when Kevin dedicated his goal to you?" Brad asked his wife.

"Yeah it's always lovely when that happens, it makes you feel like you're the only person in the whole stadium" she smiled back.

"Oh wow that's so cute! I'd absolutely die if anyone dedicated a goal to me" Bradleigh laughed.

That was it, that's what I need to do. Score.