Jacket

Johns POV

We are off to Amsterdam today to play out second leg against Ajax. They scored 1 at the Etihad which means that we need at least 2 to qualify for the finals. A car came to pick Brad and I up to take us for the airport which we were late for as usual so we ran straight to the plane to take our seats.

"Make yourself comfy then" I laughed trying to make conversation. Everyone was nervous about the upcoming match so conversation was kept to a minimal between everyone. "You get away with it somehow" I added. Bradleigh was sat on a solo seat with her legs handing over the edge.

"Because I'm cute" she laughed and handed me her phone. I am used to taking photos for her Instagram now but I'm still not entirely sure what I'm doing so I keep on pressing the button and hope for the best.

@bradleighreynolds: Manchester ✈️ Amsterdam

@bradleighreynolds: Manchester ✈️ Amsterdam. Definitely not going to try and get Bernardo high #ipromisenot

@johnstonesofficial: i am here to protect Bernardo at all costs

@sterling7: why is Bernardo high the only thing I want to see now

@bradleighreynolds: @johnstonesofficial @sterling7 thanks for the compliments on my photo. Love you both xxx

I laughed at her comment she replied with and then put in my headphones and let her carry on with her work.

The flight to Amsterdam wasn't long at all so when we arrived we all got onto our team coach which drove us to the hotel which we were staying in. I followed Bradleigh up to our room to put our stuff away before we had to go train for tonight.

"So I went to see Annie the other day" she said.

"How was she?"

"Obviously she's heartbroken, but she doesn't want to see Kyle, ever again. I mean I tried to get her to speak to him, even if it was just for the kids sake but nope. She said that if he wants to speak to her to tell me and I will have to tell her"

"Well are you going to tell him?" I then asked thinking about how Kyle must feel.

"I don't know, obviously he deserves to know but before a big game do I really need to tell him that?" She huffed. She was right, we had a big game that everyone has to be focused for. Before we could discuss this any further it was time to go and train for tonight.

Pep never deals well with stress or loosing very well at all. With Ajax having an away goal against us we needed to graph hard and Pep knew that. He paced up and down the pitch scratching his head and every now and then saying something to one of the coaches and asking for their advice. Half the time they wouldn't agree with him so he would pace even quicker. During the game this would get even worse. Ajax scores immediately meaning that we need at least 2 goals to win. Sergio has multiple shots on target but they either deflect of the post or the goalkeeper gets his hands on it. A miracle seemed to happen when Bernardo manages to slip one in the goal before half time.