Little One

Bradleighs POV

Today was the final day of the Premier League and we were playing Brighton away. Whilst the guys were warming up I decided that I would meet Zoe for lunch.

"I actually can't remember the last time we met up!" She giggled.

"I know! It would help if Brighton and Manchester were not at opposite ends of the country I suppose" I laughed back.

"So, you and johns house is so lovely!" She clapped. I recently did I house tour on my channel as everyone wanted to see Johns idea of decorating and how I managed to fix it all. Although he didn't actually do such a bad job.

"You must come and stay for a weekend! I mean the season is nearly finished so even if I'm not there John will definitely be there" I laughed. John is lazy most of the time, but off season I can imagine will be him literally doing fuck all.

"Have you an Alfie ever spoke about having kids?" I asked Zoe after our food came.

"Well yeah, but obviously it's not going to happen at the moment" she said taking a bite out of her salad.

"But like, didn't you find it scary, the first time Alfie bought it up?"

"Not really actually, it just felt right I suppose. Brad, why are you asking this for?" She burrowed her eyebrows.

"Well, the other day John mentioned it and well ever since the miscarriage it scares me. We haven't even been together a year and he's talking about kids and getting married and all this" I explained.

"Well if you're not ready then tell him, I'm sure he will understand" she smiled.

"But I don't want him to think that we're not going anywhere. I mean we are so good together at the moment, I don't want to cause a massive row between us" I huffed.

"If he loved you Brad then I'm sure he will understand" she added.

After lunch finished Zoe and I took a walk to the stadium where we walked straight to the changing rooms. The guys were listening to their usual music which involved Wonderwall playing every other time. We knew we had to win this game to make sure we won the league. Liverpool were also playing so if they win and we lost then they would win the league.

"Okay brad, I have an extra job for you today" Pep came over to me.

"Sure"

"I want you to tell me if Liverpool score" he said.

"You really want to know?" I asked

"Honestly, no. But I need to know" he said. He gave me a hug which he does to everyone before the game and then the guys went out. I followed behind and took my usual seat, next to Mikel who was next to Pep.

It wasn't looking good. Brighton did what all teams did against us. Defend hard and try to score quick. My phone vibrated in my hand and when I looked down the news was not good.

"What was that?" Pep asked me, obviously hearing my phone go off.

"Well, erm" I stuttered. "Mane scored" I gulped. Pep rolled his eyes and threw his hands on his head. "It's fine, we've got plenty of time" I placed a hand on his shoulder. Just as I said this, as Pep and I weren't totally focused on the game somehow Brighton found he back of the net and interrupted our thoughts about Liverpool.

"Why? What's wrong with them? Don't they know that they have to win this!" He almost shouted at me.

"Trust me, they know what they need to do, and they will do it" I took a deep breath. What I have learnt from Pep in how he manages is that if you don't really know the answer, just lie and say what he needs to hear. With that a almost less than a minute of the Brighton goal Kun smashed it into the back of the net and then what felt like an eternity but it was only 10 minutes later Laporte hit a header right through the hands of the goalkeeper.