Idiot

John's POV

Pep never trains us hard the day before I match in case injuries happen. He focuses more on tactics and the analysis of the opposition.

"So mate, how was last night?" Kev asked me as Pep was talking.

"What has she said?" I immediately asked back. I have learnt that somehow Brad and Kev have gotten really close, in like a brother/sister way.

"She just said that she had a lovely time, but I could tell that she was hiding something." He responded.

"Okay mate, tell us what happened" Raheem joined in on the conversation.

"She mentioned that tomorrow after the game she going to this club with her mate and we should all come along" I avoided the actual topic.

"Yeah yeah that's cool and that and we will go, but that's not the thing she was hiding obviously" Kyle then also joined in the conversation. The guys then guessed many things which were very wrong such as me accidentally saying that I love her to me making her pay the bill.

"Oh my god you fucked her didn't you!" Kyle finally got it. I just held my hands up in admission.

"But I don't want her to think that I am that type of guy you get me" I huffed "like I can see myself really liking her" I said.

"Then you can prove that to her init" Raheem stated. "Maybe tomorrow is a bigger deal than you think" he added.

"Guys, I hope you're listening" Pep said, obviously aimed at us guys at the back. We all sat up immediately and began to listen to what he was saying.

Later in the day I got back from training and made my way back to my place. We were all meeting early in the morning to get a plane down to London so we got to Wembley in time.

To: Bradleigh x

I hope you're not missing me too much ;) I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow x

I debated in sending that text to Brad for a few moments before I decided to fuck it and do it.

From: Bradleigh x

I haven't thought about you all day actually? If you don't win tomorrow I'm just gonna have to pretend that I don't actually know you x

To: Bradleigh x

Lucky I'm one of the most expensive defenders then eh? ;)

From: Bradleigh x

Most expensive does not mean the best, I'm not the most expensive employee but I'm definitely the best you've had? X

To: Bradleigh x

have a good nights sleep sugar x

I left our conversation like that and went straight up to bed. I didn't know what to watch so I had a think and went onto YouTube.

Bradleigh Reynolds

I typed into the search bar and her channel came up straight away. She now had over 26 million subscribers due to her being in the news a lot about her working for Manchester City. She seemed to have a good group of girlfriends that all lived in London and seemed to be all dating a group of youtubers called the Sidemen. Brad had made loads of videos with them all before she left to live in Manchester, such as a style swap and a 'bake off' styled video. The more videos I watched of hers the more I would smile when she would say something on camera or laugh when she would do something silly on a vlog. Soon I closed my laptop and decided to get a good nights sleep.