Chapter 9: Newly Formed! Part 3

Start bij het begin

Completely entranced by the light in the water, she walks closer. She steps back thinking she saw a tail swim away. But she shakes it off ignoring her possible hallucination. She's in a cave that looks magical and thought she heard voices? Is she hearing things? Quite possibly. If she was going to get captured or attacked, it would have happened by now. And magic isn't real, so obviously she's going to be alright.

She looks at the crystal blue water again and sees a turtle appear out of nowhere. Walking closer curious. "Where did you come from?" She crouches down near the lumps of sand and rocks surrounding the pool of water hoping to figure out if she was just seeing things. She sees dozens of fish. But that's not a surprise; she's on an island surrounded by water and thousands of fish.

Australia has hundreds of species of fish. But the turtle just appeared out of nowhere. She had her eyes on the water the time the turtle had to have come into the water. But she didn't see it appear. She leans closer to the water trying to touch the turtle, but it's startled when it gets bit on the foot by a fish.

The turtle swims off. "What the heck." Kylie whispers confused. The turtle vanishes. She sees other fish swim out. "Where are you going?" She yells. Her voice vibrates of the cave's walls. She jumps back and falls on her butt. Sitting, staring at the water, she contemplates if she should just go home and come back another day or continue exploring.

She came to the island to find this cave and she found it. But she's frustrated that she can't find any more information as to why the fish keep disappearing, so instead of letting her frustration and curiosity reign her mind. It'd probably be smart to go home. If she lets those take over, she'll likely get anxiety and have a panic attack and she didn't bring her medication with her.

Out of all the things, her dad told her to bring; he didn't tell her to take her medicine for oncoming anxiety attacks. She had it next to her backpack ready to pack, but she got sidetracked by Lexie's text.

She is taken out of her thoughts when she thinks she hears another cackle. The same type she heard when she stopped near the heart-shaped rock. Not a typical laugh. It was more like a mix of a child and a small adult-like cackle. Hard to explain. But once someone hears it; it's on ofthose things everyone knows exactly what you're talking about.

She stands upand wipes her sandy hands on her tan Bermuda shorts. She cautiously walks toward the cave opening and looks up to see if anyone is there. But it's too steep to see the top. She walks around the cave touching the walls admiring the multicolored gems tacked inside them.

How could anyone not have found this cave-yet? Because if someone had; the walls would be mined already. From the brief mineralogy knowledge, she gained from her dad's friend, some of the minerals look rare. She re-focuses her attention to the water again.

She stares at it watching the multiple colors of fish chase each other. Then suddenly gets a cold chill and shivers. She looks behind her up at the tunnel entrance. "That's weird." Not thinking anything of it, she looks back at the water. But then a whirling sound runs above her head.

She whips her head up suddenly. "Ouch!" She says holding her neck from the whiplash. She didn't see anything. "What is going on with this island?" She questions herself. Okay, that's it. She thinks silently to herself. The first few odd things she could shrug off and pass as her paranoia and anxiety.

But considering the article she read at school about the island and these current experiences, she's being to get freaked out. She turns away from the water and heads toward the tunnel entrance wanting to get the heck off this island. And more importantly; out of this weird cave.

At first, it was intriguing and mysterious. But now it's just giving her some weird vibes. Literally. She felt some weird pulse or vibration when the whirling sound ran above her. She also felt a little bit of air, which is odd.

She starts to walk closer to the tunnel but hears a voice again. But this time it's not coming from the top of the entrance. She turns around and looks at the water. The water starts to ripple.

She hears the voice again. "What insane hill is going on!" She screams. She jumps back as the echo reverberates off the walls. Then a gust of wind swirls around her. She tries to run toward the entrance, but the tornado of wind keeps pulling her closer to the water. Fighting with all the strength she has, Kylie breaks through the wind and sprints toward the tunnel.

She doesn't make it far when another much stronger wind tornado takes her and lifts her up in the air. Kylie hovers above the water enveloped by the wind tornado.

She kicks and screams begging for help. She relaxes and starts praying for God's help and putting her faith in HIM. Then before she knows it, she's laying on the ground in front of the pool of water.

The wind must have dropped her because her butt hurts. She pants and heaves for a steady breath. She reaches for her backpack which is no longer on her, but, next to her instead. She takes out her custom Pretty Little Liars Yeti Tumbler out of the side pocket and gulps down her water.

Wiping the sweat off her forehead, she shakes everything that just happened out of her mind and immediately thinks of getting out of this place. Kylie puts her tumbler back in its pocket and reaches for her backpack.