Chapter 86: New Years Eve Romance

~Weeks Later~

Its been weeks later, and Joey and I were still in Iowa just carelessly having fun. Today was finally New Years Eve and it was also our last day in Iowa as well before we went back to California.

“babe wake up!” Joey whined while he shook me awake.

“nooo your bed is telling me to keep sleeping” I said snuggling up to the pillow.

“bitch” he groaned as he took the blankets off of me.

“its cooold” I murmured

“I’ll turn on the fireplace, but you need to get your pretty little ass up and help with the party” he said getting on top of me. I looked at him tiredly.

“you’re such an ass” I said with a laugh.

“at least mines better” he said making me gasp.

“bite me!” I yelled

“ok!”

“no!” I screamed as he leaned down to bite me and then I pushed him off which only made him laugh.

“jokes on you cuz now I’m going back to sleep jerk” I said snuggling up to the pillow.

“babe c’mon! look, remember I said to expect more later when I gave you the ring?” he asked pulling me closer to him and wrapping his arms around me.

“yeah?” I said curiously.

“well, I have something for you” he whispered into my ear, sending shivers up my spine. I smiled,

“ooooh no put that thing away” I said making him laugh.

“no not that!” he said kissing my cheek.

“I’ll be right back! Don’t move” he said quickly getting up and running out of the room. I sat up feeling a bit confused now. In minutes he returned with a beautiful black box, the size of a hat, and topped with a purple velvet bow.

“Joey! You fucking shouldn’t have!” I said with a huge smile.

“you got me this jacket and I got you a ring, your present was way better!”

“nuh uh!”

“yeah huh! At least think of it as a present for the both of us” he said sitting next to me and then carefully handed me the box.

“don’t shake it” he said with a laugh and then it started shaking and a bell started ringing.

“what the fuck” I said with wide eyes.

“open it!” he said eagerly.

“alright” I said with a laugh and then untied the bow and opened the box. My eyes grew wider when I saw what was in the box and then squealed when it started meowing.

“Joey what the fuck?!” I said happily as I quickly grabbed the black kitten out of the box.

“do you like him?” he asked with a huge smile.

“I do! Oh my god Joey! Thank you!” I squealed before giving him a kiss on the lips.

“don’t mention it babe. What should we call him?” he asked petting the kitten.

“fuck! I don’t know I’m terrible with naming things and pets” I said also petting the kitten.

“c’mon”

“I’m fucking serious! My dad’s cat, Lily, when we first got her I wanted to call her Crayon or Flower and of course he was totally against it” I said making him crack up.