Chapter 35: Some Kind Of Stranger

Its been a couple months later it was only March, and things have so far been going good despite that Joey was long gone and John had went back to his home town in Michigan to straighten things out. Wednesday moved out of the house surprisingly and moved in with Elizabeth, so now it was just me and my dad living in the huge house—with of course Dita, Twiggy, and the rest constantly visiting. But for some reason I’ve kept crying every night because of Joey. Every night, before I went to sleep, I would read the letter he wrote to me then I would cry myself to sleep, but no one knew about this. So it was morning and I was still in my pjs, and I was in my room, sitting on my bed with my laptop finishing up an article for Revolver Magazine—yes Elizabeth and I got the job now.

“you’re up early” I heard my dad’s voice from behind me making me jump up a bit.

“holy shit! Don’t fucking scare me like that!” I said laughing.

“sorry but I can’t help it, I am the king of shock!” he said with a sense of pride before sitting next to me.

“so what are you doing?” he asked looking at my laptop

“just finishing up the article for Revolver” I said typing the final words in.

“cool, well I just came here to talk to you”

“weeeeeeell…I’m done…so whats up?” I said saving the document and then pushing my laptop away from me and looked at him.

“well how do you feel about Dita?”

“oh my goth you’re gonna propose!”

“no! I’m gonna ask her to marry me that’s it!—oh wait that’s the same thing—yea I’m gonna propose to her! So what do you think?”

“aw dad! That’s fucking awesome! I’m so happy for you two! Dita is great!”

“well I’m glad you’re fine with it”

“so when are you gonna ask her?”

“tonight! I’m gonna take her out to dinner just me and her”

“even better!” I said hugging him.

“hun, I know you’ve been crying, is it cuz of Joey?” he asked

“no”

“October be honest”

“no!”

“so then I’ll take that as a yes—hun its ok if you miss him”

“I don’t miss him”

“yes you do”

“no I don’t! I fucking hate him! I hate him for fucking leaving me without saying anything to me! Instead he gave me this fucking letter!” I yelled pulling out the letter from under my pillow and throwing it at my dad then covered my face with my hands. My dad was just a little shocked and he took the letter and unfolded it, then started reading it. Then after a few minutes of silence, he folded it up again and set it down next to me.

“hun, I really am sorry, but if you want I could give you his number so you can talk to him” he said getting closer to me and put his arm around me.

“no its ok…I don’t want to talk to him”

“you sure?”

“yea”

“alright then, if you ever want it just ask, I’m gonna go and let you finish your work” he said getting up. I just nodded.

“ok then” he said kissing my head before leaving. I sighed and looked at the paper, and then I put it back under my pillow. Then I took my laptop and started browsing for a bit and then somehow I ‘accidentally’ ended up on Slipknot’s page and just looked at Joey for a bit. Then I shook my head and closed my laptop and went to go take a shower and changed into some black sweat pants and a Marilyn Manson shirt from when he was in the Portrait Of An American Family era, and went to go make myself something to eat and for the rest of the day I watched t.v.