Chapter 17: When Love and Lies Embrace

The Masquerade Ball was going to be at the Medusa’s Lair night club and before we went inside, Joey and I put our masks on, then Joey took my hand in mine and led me inside.
“wow” we both said in unison looking around.
“October! Joey! Over here! Sit!” came Elizabeth’s voice. Then we found her sitting with Piggy at a table so we went over to them.
“wow Elizabeth! You look awesome! I never knew you had that dress” I said looking at her
“thanks! You look gorgeous too October!” she said smiling.
“hello there party peoples!” came Ben's voice from behind me.
“hey Ben!” I said hugging him.
“October you look PRETTY! And Joey you look…sexy!” he said smiling.
“thanks…I guess” Joey said chuckling. Then soon everyone came over and they all looked fancy—yes fancy! Even Wednesday!—then the music started to play. I was sitting between my dad and Joey talking about random stuff when I noticed the guy that had the Marilyn Manson shirt walking passed us.
“hey dude!” I yelled since I didn’t know his name and he saw me and came over to us with 2 chicks.
“hey um—you know I never really got your name” he said.
“oh yea its October! Whats yours?”
“Andrew”
“awesome, whos your friends?” I asked referring to the chicks who were looking around the place.
“oh this is my girlfriend, Ali” he said referring to the chick with the dark brown hair with pink streaks no tattoos or piercings though.
“and this is my older sister, Amaranth” he said referring to the chick with long black hair and purple streaks with piercings on her lip nose and eyebrow with the Slipknot S tattooed on her wrist and the Murderdolls logo on her arm. Then both girls waved and said “hi”
“cool—sit and join us! Oh and these are my friends you already know Elizabeth and you also probably already know—”
“Marilyn fucking Manson!” he yelled.
“yea that’s my dad”
“fuck are you serious?!”
“yup!” I said hugging my dad while he started to laugh.
“wow why didn’t you tell me? I had no idea!”
“you never asked”
“haha right” he said as he and the girls sat with us. Then an hour passed by and so far it was just me, Joey, Twiggy, John, Eric, Andrew’s sister, and Wednesday.
“so Miss. October, would you like to dance?” Joey asked with a fake british accent and getting up.
“of course I would Mr. Joey!” I said with the accent as well, taking his hand as he led me to the dance floor. The song that was playing was ‘When Love and Death Embrace’ by H.I.M. then I put my arms around his neck and he put his around my waist as we slowly moved to the music looking at each other for a while.
“I never knew you slow danced” I said.
“well I didn’t know either” he said chuckling which made me giggle.
“you know you have a cute giggle” he said making me blush.
“stop it!” I said giggling again.
“you do! And you have a nice smile and beautiful eyes”
“Oh God Joey you’re really full of it”
“fuck—what can I do to make you believe me?”
“if you jumped off the ship!” I joked.
“alright! I’ll do it!”
“psh! Yea right!”
“I will—look!” he said letting go and running off.
“Joey?” I said running after him. Then he went up the deck of the ship while I ran after him.
“wait! You’re not really gonna do it are you?” I said as we finally stopped.
“hell yea! I’m gonna prove that I’m not lying!” he said sitting on the rail getting ready to jump off.
“don’t!” I said hold him back by his arm.
“I’m gonna do it!”
“no! Joey! I believe you! I believe you!” I said trying to pull him back over the rail.
“LIES!” he screamed.
“c’mon you’re gonna kill yourself!”
“nope!”
“pleeeeease!”
“well since you asked so nicely…ok!” he said climbing over the rail and getting back on the ship then I quickly pulled him into a hug making him laugh. Then I pulled away from him and smacked him on the head.
“DON’T you EVER do THAT AGAIN!” I yelled.
“ouch! That really hurt!” he whined making me laugh.
“you really look beautiful tonight” he said with a sweet smile. Then I gave him a look that said ‘liar!’
“what you don’t believe me?—let me just jump off this ship to make you believe me!” he said attempting to climb the rail again.
“NOOO!” I said pulling him back and we both fell to the floor and he fell on top of me.
“whoa sorry!” he said nervously. Then I licked his nose
“its ok!” I said smiling making him chuckle. Then our faces got closer and we started making out. Then he quickly pulled away and got off me.
“shit I’m sorry!” he said standing up.
“its ok” I said laughing.
“no its not—you’re Eric’s ex! I can’t do that to him!”
“its ok!”
“sorry!—er—I’m gonna go” he said quickly running away.
“Joey! Wait!” I said quickly getting up to follow him but it was hard running with heels and a fucking Ball gown, then soon we were back at the Ball and ended up losing him. “Joey?!” I yelled over the music looking around for him.
“where is he?” I said to myself. Then I felt someones arms wrap around me and panicked when I saw that it was the guy whos been stalking me.
“hey there—what are you doing here all alone?” he said in a deep voice.
“let go of me” I said angrily.
“nope” was all he said.
“let go!” I screamed as he started to pull me by my wrist attempting to pull me out of the room.
“JOEY! SOMEONE! HELP!” I screamed trying to pull away from him with tears starting to fall from my eyes.
“SHUT UP!” he yelled. Then someone came over and punched the guy on the face causing him to fall on the ground knocking him almost unconscious. I looked over at the guy who punched him and saw Joey.
“October are you ok?!” he said hugging me.
“yea” I said. Then I quickly pulled him into a kiss.

Elizabeths POV:

Me and Piggy were dancing while talking about random stuff,
“hey I’ll be back I’m gonna go get a beer” Piggy said leaving. Then some ones taps my shoulder and I looked at the direction it came from and saw Wednesday.
“hey!” I said smiling.
“hey—ya wanna dance?” he asked.
“sure” I said putting my arms around him as he put his around me as well and started moving to the music.
“you have no idea how relived I finally got the guts to ask you to dance with me” he said.
“really? Why?”
“cuz I think you’re beautiful and I’ve been wanting to dance with you for a long time” he said with a cute smile making me blush. Then I turned to look the other way so he wouldn’t see me blushing, and saw October making out with Joey.
“oh wow look at that” I said giggling.
“I always knew they’d end up together!” he said chuckling as we continued to dance.

Octobers POV:

I pulled away from the kiss and smiled while Joey had a smirk. Then the guy started to get up.
“c’mon lets go!” Joey said grabbing my hand and we both ran out of the place and we saw the guy was beginning to chase us then we quickly ran to the elevator pushing the people who were waiting for it out of the way and quickly pressed the button to close the door before he got to us. Then we sighed in relief.
“you ok?” he asked.
“yea” I said nodding.
“thanks” I said again.
“no prob” he said smiling. Then the doors open and we walked out.