Chapter 44: Blow Out The Candles On All My Frankensteins

~Day After New Years Day~

“hey October wake up” I heard Joey say as he gently shook me, I opened my eyes and saw him then smiled.

“what? No good morning kiss?” I said

“haha sorry hun” he said as he gave me a quick peck on my lips.

“I just wanted to let you know that I’m leaving now” he said as my smile faded away.

“really?” I said twisting my lips,

“yea, I’m sorry baby” he said

“its ok, I’m not mad or sad or anything its just I’m gonna miss you”

“I’m gonna miss you too babe! I’ll wait for you downstairs I’m gonna go say my goodbyes to the rest of the guys” he said as he gave me a kiss on my head and then left my room. I sighed and then sat up. The past couple of days, have been difficult and I couldn’t help but feel distant from Joey, but I wasn’t so sure why. Then I heard a knock on my door.

“come in” I yelled and then my dad came in,

“morning sweetheart” he said as he sat next to me.

“morning” I said with a small smile,

“I just wanted to check on you, since Joeys leaving again”

“I’m ok”

“you sure?”

“yeah…its just…I feel very distant from him lately, we don’t talk to each other like we used to and he won’t even show affection to me, is there something wrong with me?”

“oh hun of course there's nothing wrong with you, he's probably having a hard time with his work and stuff”

“yea I guess you’re right”

“of course I am, after Joey leaves I’m going to the recording studio to finish up the new album, you coming?”

“sure”

“awesome! You can finally meet my new bassist”

“cool”

“mhmm now go get dressed!” he said kissing my head and then got up and left my room. I got up and then I started get fixed up and when I finished I made my way downstairs. Joey was saying his goodbyes to everyone and then he noticed I was there and he gave me a smile.

“hey beautiful” he said

“hi” I said with a small smile

“I’m gonna miss you the most” he said giving me a hug.

“I’m gonna miss you too” I said hugging him back and before we kissed he quickly let me go.

“well I’ll see you after the tour” he said before giving me a small kiss on my lips then made his way out the door. What?! Did he just do that?! What the fuck is going on?! I know there's something going on. I wanted to go after him and yell at him or tear him apart, but a part of me wanted to cry and run after him and give him a passionate kiss. I stood there by the door and watched him get in the cab and drive away. I sighed and went to the living room and sat on the couch.

“you okay kid?” Twiggy asked sitting next to me.

“yea you look…sad” Kimberly said sitting next to me.

“yea I’m ok” I said forcing a smile.

“you sure?” Twiggy asked and I nodded.

“so when are you due Kimberly?” I asked trying to change the subject.