Chapter 57: Whatever Doesn't Kill You...Is Gonna Leave A Scar

Joeys POV:

I just got out of the airport and I was finally back in Iowa. I saw Shawn driving up the curve so I quickly ran up to him. I threw my bags inside and made my way inside.

“hey Shawn!” I said happy to see him as he started driving away

“hey, so how did it go?” he asked

“well…I know she still has feelings for me”

“so what happened?”

“well…we had sex and then I left her”

“wait you what?! Why?!”

“I had to come home and set shit right”

“like?”

“like finishing up this bullshit with Abby!”

“that’s what you said last time”

“well this time I mean it! October really gave me a lot to think about”

“sure…so where to now?”

“to the fucking motel!”

“alrighty then” he said as he drove. In minutes we were finally there, and I got out of the car,

“you want me to wait for you?” he asked

“no I’ll be fine…just take my bags back home”

“ok then...you're really gonna do this huh?…good luck man”

“thanks”

“its about fucking time you’re doing something” he said with a chuckle as he drove off. I sighed and made my way to the motel room. I knocked on the door and then waited. Abby answered the door.

“sweetie! You’re home!” she said nervously

“yeah I’m home now let me in”

“wait!”

“why?”

“because--” she started but I just pushed her and went inside and saw a half naked dude on the couch.

“ew! What the fuck is going on here?!” I yelled

“oh great! Joey what the fuck did I tell you?! I told you to wait!” she yelled at me

“you’ve been cheating on me haven’t you?!”

“only because YOU had to go on tour and wouldn’t take me!”

“oh that was all just bullshit! Since we’re finally being honest here, I fucking lied about going on tour! I just said that to go to California so I can be with the girl that I actually do love and guess what? I had sex with her last night”

“you asshole!” she yelled while I laughed and then noticed she was also half naked and only in her bra and panties. But what really caught my eye was her body--she was skinny?!

“what happened to you?! I thought you were pregnant!” I yelled

“what are you talking about? I am!” she yelled back

“you’re over nine months pregnant which means you’re supposed to already have the baby here by now and you’re supposed to be fucking fat, but instead you’re skinny as fuck?” I yelled and she stayed quiet.

“ok baby I lied! I’ve been using a prosthetic to make me look pregnant, but I did it only because I love you!” she said. My eyes grew wide and I smiled happily for the first time in a while.