Chapter 41: A Vacation in Iowa

So it was the next day after my dad’s wedding, and I woke up in Joey’s arms. I smiled as I saw him awake.

“morning” I said happily

“good morning to you too” he said, then we started making out and then someone burst into the door.

“hey you two love birds! Hate to break up the love, but October your dad is calling you” Twiggy said with a smirk and then left.

“oh great!” I said sitting up

“I’ll be right back” I said kissing his nose and then put on a huge Slayer shirt on, and ran downstairs, when I got there I saw him and Dita by the front door with their suitcases.

“whats up?” I said as got down the stairs

“Dita and I are going on our honeymoon now and we’re not gonna be here till next week, which means you’re in charge of the house—you know the rules”

“yeah dad, don’t bother having parties if its not crazy enough that the cops don’t come”

“or”

“or if you’re not here to flirt with the chicks”

“exactly! oh and don't get pregnant!” he said proudly while Dita just looked at us confused and shocked.

“oh yeah you teach your daughter well” she said

“why yes yes I do” he said as they both left the house and watched them drive off, then I felt Joey’s arms around me.

“hey baby” he said as he lightly kissed my neck

“hello” I said turning around to kiss his lips.

“I love you” he said pulling away to look into my eyes.

“I love you too Joey” I said with a giggle as I played with his hair for a bit.

“my mom just called me earlier, and she wants to see me so I’m going to Iowa next week and I want you to come”

“really?”

“yup! So is that a yes?”

“nope, that’s a fuck yes!” I said kissing him again.

“get a room!” Yvonne said as she passed by.

~One Week Later~ 

So it was finally one week later, and Joey and I were packing up to go to Iowa and my dad was driving us to the airport. I did my hair and makeup and then got changed then I went to check on Joey.

“hey hun, you ready?” I asked hugging his him from behind.

“yea, almost” he said zipping up his bag.

“there!” he said as he turned around and kissed me.

“hey, you two ready to go?” my dad asked walking in.

“yup” I said pulling away from Joey

“good! Lets go before Dita wakes up” he said grabbing my bags and then he quickly walked out.

“weird…usually he would call her and make her come” I said more to myself.

“oh well, c’mon lets go” Joey said as he put his arm around me and walked me out the door and into my dad’s car. We said our goodbyes to everyone, and then my dad, Joey, and I went in the car, and my dad drove us to the airport. When we got there, we went inside the airport and my dad walked us to the plane entrance.

“well, have fun sweetheart” my dad said quietly and I could tell from his voice that he was sad.

“awww dad, I’m gonna miss you! Don’t worry I’ll be ok” I said hugging him.