Chapter 78: We Fight For What's Right

Start from the beginning

"We didn't want to, but it was the only way for us to finally be safe," Danny added. "Me and Siren spent four years in an almost literal hell, but your so-called justice system can do nothing against those that did that to us. Your justice system has no way to avenge the fallen mystics and ghosts that died by their hands. Besides, we can't have the world know about us. Once the word 'magic' is spoken, people instantly think 'monsters."

"You killed people," Wonder Woman narrowed her eyes at them. "And as the Justice League, we have to bring you in."

"We did what had to be done to keep our families safe," Alain yelled.

"They aren't going to budge, you know," Melinda suddenly spoke up, scaring them silly.

"When did you wake up," Orion asked his Wiccan friend.

"I may be a sound sleeper, but not even I can sleep through this," the witch crossed her arms, then faced the heroes. "But for our situation, let me quote Superboy. Get on board, or get out of the way!"

The league was shocked by this girl. She was one of the few mystics they didn't really know, along with Orion, Skylar, and Jack Frost. But what they could see right now, she was probably one of the most powerful of the mystics they have met. Magic seemed to flow off of her in waves. She, like all the rest, was not to be trifled with.

"So be it," Superman said.

His eyes glowed red, his heat vision starting up. He shot it before any of them could react. But a winged girl flew in front of them, coming out of nowhere. Fire shot from her hands, colliding with the heat vision.

"Fiara," Lena gasped.

"Don't play with fire, little alien," the siren is fire smirked. "Cause you're bound to get burned."

Pushing her fire out more, she managed to cancel out Superman's heat vision. Embers flew around them. Wonder Woman pulled out her sword. But immediately, a green tail wrapped around her. She was flung into one of the temple walls. Basil had a smirk on her snake-y face.

"Nissssse of you to drop in," she hissed.

The Hal Jordan Green Lantern used his ring to form a giant fist. As he threw it toward the group, it suddenly stopped. The fist got surrounded by purple light. The fist was shattered under the pressure of the purple light. Lien was hovering just a few yards away.

"Telekinesis, very handy," the harpy giggled.

Pandora floated down, near the adult heroes. She slammed her staff down getting their attention.

"You will not lock up my sons," she yelled, going into mother bear mode. "You couldn't help them, so they helped themselves. Can you blame them for anything they did after all they've been through?"

The league froze, stunned by her words. And they had to be honest with themselves, they didn't know what they would have done if they were in their place. And it wasn't like none of them were shy of death. Both Batman and Green Arrow started out with a few body counts. And with all the meager disasters that happen with villains, no one can save everyone.

Looking around them, they were surrounded by mystics and ghosts. Harpies, sirens, winged were-creatures, and a few ghosts were around them in the air. They hardly allowed any of the flying league members leave the ground. Witches & wizards, land were-creatures, yeti, vampires, and other ghosts were on the ground. Quite a few of each kind were also in the trees and temples around them.

But what got to them was seeing where the most known of the mystics were. Phantom, Siren, Lena, Krinos, Sarah, Ethan, Erica, Alain, Caitlin, Skylar, Melinda, Orion, Alya, Juliet, and Mason. They were standing around the team, as if guarding them, protecting them.

"We are not, nor will we ever be, cold blooded killers," Alain says.

"Who we are, our culture, our heritage, our legacies, our homes, our families," White said, his voice almost making their hearts break. "All of that was in danger of being destroyed, and we couldn't let that happen."

"This wasn't all about revenge, we could have done that without bloodshed," Lena told them. "This was about making sure that we can turn around without having to be afraid that someone is there to kill us. This is about helping our families feel safe leaving the isles. This is about feeling free to be who we are, even if it is in secret."

"Our whole lives, we have lived in the shadows," Caitlin says. "Even to those that use light, like me. But even in the dark, our lives were filled with life."

"Hordes of vampires, flocks of harpies, schools of mermaids, even species of demons," Krinos said. "We all have gone for thousands upon millions of years living our lives by our ways, and have been quite successful. Light and dark, perfectly balanced. We didn't want war, but we will do anything for our world and each other."

"Why don't we show you," Danny offered, much to the shock of the league. "The Mystic Isles and Ghost Zone are always willing to give tours to the good-hearted."

Seeing all the different creatures and beings standing united like they were, it showed the league just how serious and heartfelt they were. So they agreed.