Chapter 51: The Heart

Everyone ran out of their respected sections. No one knew that the others had made it out, so everyone was just getting lost in the maze known as the Library.

          That was, until everyone literally ran into every else. They all ended up screaming at this point.

           ''Mother of mercy,'' Caitlin swore, her hand over her heart.

           ''I just came from the Horror section, so please no more screaming,'' Valerie says, trying to catch her breath.

           ''Horror, really,'' Dick asked. ''We just came from Children's.''

       ''We were in Mythology,'' Mason says. ''And my ears are still ringing from that showdown with Silver Banshee.''

           ''Dang it, I wanted to show her up again,'' White pouted.

            ''Least we know where she was while we were in Fantasy,'' Jaime shrugged.

            ''Least you weren't in Graphic Novels,'' Roy crossed his arms. ''I felt like we were in a kids cartoon. If I never see anything neon again, it will be too soon.''

             ''I'm just happy to have kicked out that snow nymph reject,'' Krinos growled. ''Anyone that uses that much ice is a forever enemy of nature. No offense, Alain.''

            ''None taken,'' the werewolf shrugged.

           ''Do you think we have any stragglers,'' Orion asked.

           ''Hello, Orion,'' White greeted his friend. ''How's the Isle of Harpies?''

          Orion then looked distressed. Melinda and Skylar had the same expression, which was hard to tell since one of them was a horse.

           ''Dear gods, what's going on,'' Danny asked, worried by their looks.

          ''Whatever organizations are after the heart have been working on Earth while all of us have been here,'' Orion explained. ''Harpies have fled from Greece and returned to the isle when they were attacked.''

          ''What,'' Alya gasped. ''But that's impossible. Magical creatures are the most well hidden secret on the planet.''

            ''You mean like how the Eternal Spring was,'' Dick said.

             ''Shoot,'' Alya swore.

          ''It's not even just the harpies,'' Melinda says. ''The Isle of Wicca is in chaos. Every witch that has visions or premonitions keep seeing magic in danger. More and more witches are using their emergency spells to leave Earth and come to the isles. We're all under attack.''

         ''That... shouldn't be possible,'' Sarah gasped. ''Magic has been around forever. The only mortals that know are ones we trust or the ones that people think are crazy and nobody ever believes them.''

          ''It's always the Guys In White,'' Skylar explained. ''All the ghosts and mystics manage to escape before they get a chance to get captured, but we have all seen the agents go after our kinds.''

           ''How is this even happening,'' Juliet freaked. ''No witch uses their powers in public, unless they can freeze time or don't need noticeable movements to use their powers, so it's next to impossible to discover them. And harpies know how to stay hidden. How are so many mystics being discovered, like this?''

            Phantom and Siren looked at each other. They had an idea how.

          ''Maybe it's because of us,'' Danny says, everyone looking at him like he had lost his mind. ''Those years of torture might have actually helped them. They could have used blood they got from us to track down anyone with similar signatures.''