Chapter 4: The Siren

The team made their way, quietly, toward the Guys In White facility. They were very stealthy in their approach. Miss.Martian set up a telepathic link between them. Nightwing, Superboy, Aqualad, and Blue Beetle on one side of the building. Artemis, Kid Flash, Miss.Martian, and Beast Boy on the other side.

         ''Everyone ready,'' Kaldur asks, over the link.

        ''Just give me something to punch, and i'll be happy,'' Conner said, cracking his knuckles.

         ''Search for any possible sign of that kid's brother,'' Nightwing told them. ''He should be our main priority.''

         ''Why are we risking our butts for them, again,'' Artemis asks, with attitude.

         ''How would you feel if your sibling was being tortured in a government facility,'' Gar asked her. ''I could never live with myself if this was Ma'gann.''

         That shut her up. The team then, found their way into the building. At first, they weren't even seen.

(For those of you that don't like stories where Artemis and Wally are jerks, deal with it haters.)

          Gold Siren was lying in his new cell, in immense pain after they punished him for his brother's escape. Which turned into a hour straight of beatings and collar electrocutions. They had muzzled him afterwords. 

         He was just bleeding on the ground, hoping for his brother to come back. This was the first sign of hope that he felt in the past four years.

         ''I know that you'll save me, big brother,'' he thought. ''You promised to always protect me, and I know that you will come back to me.''

          Suddenly, an alarm started blaring across the entire building. He tried to shield his ears, as his siren abilities gave him enhanced hearing. The alarm actually hurt.

         ''Please, make it stop,'' he pleaded in his head.

         His cell door opened, and he panicked when saw that it was Agent K. He tried his best to back away, but was in too much pain.

         ''Seems like your little friend has brought trouble to our facility,'' he taunted. ''Too bad that you'll be long gone by the time he finds you.''

         He picked Siren up by his neck, forcing him against the wall. He was suffocating him. He pulled out his gun, aiming it at Siren's head.

         ''Too bad I won't be able to see the reaction of that ghost friend of yours when he finds your body,'' Agent K taunted.

         He was about to fire when someone threw him off of Siren. He fell to the ground, being able to breath again. He looked up at the one that saved him. He saw a teen in a black t-shirt, boots, jeans, and black finger-less gloves. He looked into his eyes, but the pain became to much for him and he passed out in the hero's arms.

         Superboy looked down at the boy in his arms. He could feel the injuries on his body, and the collar and muzzle horrified him.

         ''Guys, I found him,'' he called over the link.

         Nightwing and Aqualad soon came in, Blue Beetle holding off more agents outside the cell. They were both equally scared by the condition of Siren.

         ''Who would do this to a kid,'' Nightwing gasped.

         ''Let's get him to the Cave and medical help as quickly as possible,'' Kaldur says.

         But when he and Superboy tried to lift him, they saw his face cringe in pain and they put him down.

          ''We need Miss.Martian for this,'' Conner said.

         ''You called,'' the martian girl says, phasing through the floor.

         ''We can't lift him while he's like this,'' Kaldur told her.

        ''Oh dear,'' she swore. ''I got him.''

         She lifted him up with her telekinesis, carrying him back to the bio-ship that she had called onto the roof. She placed him onto one of the gurneys. The rest of the team soon came running onto the roof, agents firing at them.

         ''Time to leave,'' Kid Flash panicked.

         They all quickly got into the bio-ship and Miss.Martian took off. As the ship flew away, some of the team stayed in the back to try and help Siren. Nightwing and Aqualad were trying their best to seal the worse wounds just to carry him over.

         ''Superboy, you found him,'' Kaldur stated. ''What do you make of his injuries?''

          ''Definitely broken ribs and a possible concussion,''  Conner says. ''He was almost shot in the head when I found him. This kid has a freaking collar and muzzle. He's a living and breathing person, not an animal.''

          Beast Boy hugged Superboy, saddened by what those agents did to Siren.

         ''How could anyone be so cruel,'' he sobbed. ''It isn't right. He'll be alright, won't he?''

         ''Of course he will, Gar,'' Conner comforted. ''We'll make sure of it.''

         Miss.Martian quickly guided the ship to Mount Justice and landed the ship in the hanger. They all rushed Siren toward the infirmary. But Superboy stopped when he saw something shining on the floor of the ship. Picking it up, it was a gold lyre necklace. Blue Beetle stayed behind when he saw Superboy just standing there.

        ''What you got there, hermano,'' he asked.

         ''It must have fell off the kid,'' Conner guessed. ''Must be the only possession he has left.''

         ''If I remember my mystic symbolism correctly, the golden lyre is the symbol of a pure heart,'' Jaime said.

         ''Why do you know anything about magic, at all,'' Conner asked.

        ''I thought that the scarab was magic when I first got it, so I did some research,'' Jaime told him.

       The two then joined the rest of their team in the infirmary. Phantom was still out cold as they took care of Siren. Batman soon came in. He stared at the two knocked out heroes, taking in how tortured they looked. Burns, cuts, bruises, and that's only what they saw on the surface.

        ''Batman, he needs immediate help,'' Nightwing told him.

         ''You and Aqualad stay here to help, the rest of you get some rest,'' the Dark Knight says.

         The team left as the three went to work. The first think that they did was clean and stitch their wounds properly. Phantom had the most horrible electrical burns in the world. Siren was covered in cuts and bruises that could make a serial killer weak in the knees.

         ''They tortured these kids,'' Nightwing said. ''Who could be so heartless.''

         ''He seems to have gotten it worse than his brother,'' Batman noticed. ''Let's make sure that he has the proper care.''

          Batman pulled up Siren's shirt, and it made them all gasp. Across his chest was a giant scar. One that, by the looks of it, had been reopened many times. It was a big ''Y'' scar. A vivisection.

         ''They cut him open,'' Kaldur gasped.

          ''Oh dear god,'' Nightwing swore. ''These two weren't just prisoners there. They were experiments.''