Chapter 69: Black Sunshine

Start from the beginning

“well not exactly”

“what do you mean not exactly?”

“well I’m still in California”

“what?!”

“yeah and its gonna take us like five more hours to get there”

“what?! October you promiiiiissssed you’ll be here!”

“yeah I know I know! But you can't cover for me? I feel bad cuz Joey thinks its his fault since we woke up late”

“did you guys fuck?”

“no”

“you sure?”

“yes! So can you pleeeease cover for me? I wanna spend some time with him and I’ve been fuckin swamped with work so I’d like to get a break for once ya know pleeeeeeeease?”

“fine! You win. But this is cuz you also covered for me for me when I left with Sid to tour”

“yay!”

“but get here tomorrow! I‘m scared over here and Ryan is being a pain in the ass with his complaining and your dad is worried about you”

“don’t worry, I’ll get there early tomorrow and tell my dad I’ll be ok and that Joeys with me”

“alright then take care”

“take care bye!” I said happily as I hung up and I noticed Joey just finished checking out at the front desk and looked at me. I smiled at him and walked up to him.

“why are you so happy? Aren’t you worried about being late?” he asked confused as we made our way outside,

“nope” I replied

“why?”

“because”

“because why?”

“I just called Lauren and she said she’d cover for me so I have the whole day off which means I’m yours for the day” I said with a smirk and he gave me a huge smile.

“seriously?” he asked eagerly

“yup!” I said with a smile as we made it to the car.

“well what do you wanna do?” he asked before we got into the car.

“I don’t know” I said leaning back on he car

“well pick any place you wanna go, and I’ll take you” he said making me smile.

“anywhere?” I asked

“yup!” he replied with a grin

“lets go to Knotts Berry Farm” I said with a cheesy grin

“ok!” he said running to the other side of the car while I was speechless. I didn’t think he’d agree. I got in the car and looked at Joey,

“are you serious?” I asked

“yeah! I haven’t been there in a while”

“you do know we have to get to New Mexico by tomorrow morning right?”

“well we’ll just stay at Knotts till night and then we’ll make a road trip to New Mexico it shouldn’t take too long”

“how long would it take?”

“er about twelve hours”

“twelve?!…ok! What the hell” I said with a smile making him laugh. He started the car and then we started making the trip to Knotts Berry Farm.