Chapter 57: Healing After Pain (Part II): Cyn's Pain & Erica's Healing

Cyn

  I can't believe this is happening right now. We are yet again in the hospital and this time its my wife laying in the bed. I am still numb to the fact of what's going on. We was having a good time and now this. I know you are wondering what's going on so let me enlighten you. Let's flashback to us in the club slow dancing.

*Flashback*

Cyn

  "I love you, Cynthia Mena." She whispered in my ear. A tear fell down my face for some reason. "I love you, too, Erica Mena." I whispered in her ear. She started kissing me and I couldn't help but moan. We was swaying to the music and making out at the same time. I really didn't give a damn who was watching cause right now its all about my wife. As I was kissing her she started going lower and her body was getting heavy.

Cyn: Get up baby. We are in public.

Erica: I... I can't.

Cyn: Stop it Erica. Get up.

Erica: No seriously. I can't.

Cyn: *eyes watering* What?! HELP ME SOMEBODY.

*All of their friends rushed over to them.*

Stella: What's wrong Erica?

Cyn: Is that blood? *looking at her hands* Turn her over right quick.

Albee: The ambulance is coming. What happened?

Cyn: Oh shit. She was shot. Baby I'm gonna have to apply pressure to this. *pushing on the bullet wound*

Erica: Ahhhhhhhhh! It hurts baby. Please stop. *crying and struggling to breathe*

Cyn: *crying* I can't baby.

EMT: Hey my name is Chase. Can you tell me your name?

Erica: *vaguely and low* Erica Mena.

Chase: Hello Erica we are gonna get you out of here but I need to know what happened?

Erica: I don't... *passes out*

Chase: LETS GET HER OUT OF HERE.

Cyn: I'm coming with her.

Chase: I need a family member so I can get information can you do that?

Cyn: Yes I can cause I'm her wife.

Chase: Well let's go. *putting Erica in the ambulance* Let's get an IV line started. Ma'am can you tell me what happened?

Cyn: She was shot somehow but I don't know how. The bullet wound is right here. *pointing to the wound* I pressed down on it to stop the bleeding.

Chase: When you pressed on it did she feel it?

Cyn: Yes.

Chase: Good. You did really good. You saved her from being paralyzed.

Cyn: Thanks God.

*Present time*

Cyn

  Crazy right? Now I'm trying to find out what happened cause like hell is somebody gonna get away with shooting my wife. Right now, she's just laying her with a machine breathing for her. I haven't even called her mom or anybody because I am still in shock. This is not happening right now. I'm just having a bad nightmare and I will wake eventually. I walked over to her bed and just looked at my wife lay peacefully. I leaned over and whispered in her ear.

Cyn: Hello Mrs. Mena. I guess you was a little tired I see. You didn't have to do all of this, all you had to do was tell me that you was tired. Don't take a nap for too long cause I gotta take one after I get the kids together. *crying* Please come back to me baby. I can't make it without you. Why are you doing this to me? You better not die on me. I swear if you die on me I will kill you. *crying on Erica*