Chapter 20: You Can Keep Sorry

*Four hours later the Menas went home. The kids was sleep and they had to pack for their honeymoon. When they arrived home it was a note taped on the door. They read it and looked at each other. The note read: Mrs. and Mrs. Mena, first congrats are in order. I know that you don't know why we are writing you instead of coming to talk to you like adults. The truth is we don't know how to face her and tell her we are giving her to you two. My wife and I have been trying to work it out but its very hard and we didn't want her to see that. We saw how happy she has been with you all and that's all we want for her so in the packet that you see at your door is all of our documents. We have gave you two all our parental rights for her. We will come and see you all once but then I think we need to bow out gracefully so we won't cause any trouble in her life. Tell her that we will always love her and that we are sorry that this has occurred. Signed Mike and Karyn.*

Cyn: What the fuck type of shit is this? How can you just abandoned your kid in a note?

Erica: Let's lay them down and go on the patio.

Cyn: Ok.

*They lay them down and met up on the patio.*

Cyn: This is bullshit, Erica, and you know it.

Erica: Yes it is. What the fuck do they mean bow out gracefully like they are in a contest? This is their fucking child. How are we gonna tell her?

Cyn: I think she already knows.

Erica: What makes you say that?

Cyn: Well, this morning when we woke up she told me that if her parents didn't want her she wish they would just say it cause she loves the family she has already.

Erica: That is so fucked up. A child should never feel like that ever. Well I guess we will sit her down and talk to her tomorrow.

Cyn: Yea cause we leave soon so the earlier the better.