Chapter 47: God at His Best

*One month later*

Erica

  Today is still a bittersweet day. My sister is still in the hospital in a coma and I haven't been home in almost three weeks. When I got home I just couldn't breath knowing my sister is just laying there. Cyn left to take the kids to my moms house and I pack up some clothes and left. I know that's a stupid thing to do but I just need to be alone for a while. I took my battery out my phone after I told her and my mom I was safe. I just hate myself right now and I know Cyn is going crazy looking for me but I will return home when I feel better. I know my mom is gonna kill me when I get back but this was needed for me. I just wanna talk to my sister and laugh with her. This can't be happening to me right now. I'm about to get ready to return home in a few hours so let me get a shower first.

Cyn

  This can't be my life right now. Erica has been gone for three weeks without telling me where she was. I called Albee to see if he knew cause he usually do but he was on his way here to see her so I counted that out. Her mother has called me everyday to see if she came home yet. The kids just get in bed with me and cry themselves to sleep cause they miss her so much. Both of them have a picture of her and just stares at it all day. The twins are getting big and they notice that she's missing also. All I can do it look at all my babies and cry but I gotta be strong for them. I know her sister's health is what's getting to her but she didn't have to leave me for three weeks. Jordin is in a coma right now and Dr. Darko told Erica that she might not recover from this so do she want to set a time expectancy to take her off life support. Erica told him no because she knows Jordin will wake up soon and will be ready to go home. She told Ma the news and she broke down. Next thing we know, one of Erica's aunts called and yelled at her for making a "stupid" decision. All I heard was Erica screaming I know over and over again. When I got up the stairs she was on the floor crying and she told me what happened and I called Ma and told her. Ma fixed that quick as hell cause she cursed her sister out. As I was sitting on the couch my phone went off. It was Dr. Darko calling.

Cyn: Hello.

Darko: Hello Cyn I was trying to get in touch with Erica.

Cyn: She's a little busy is there anything that I can help you with?

Darko: Well I can't believe I'm saying this but Jordin has awakened and is asking for you and Erica.

Cyn: *voice breaking* What?! She's really awake and talking?

Darko: Yes and it's a miracle cause we was not expecting her to wake up at all.

Cyn: Oh my god! We will be there really soon.

Cyn

  I got off the phone happy as hell then I thought about Erica and how she's not here then I became sad again. I really miss my wife and I would give anything to hear her voice or feel her touch. I feel like I am dying without her here. I went to get the kids ready so they can come with me to the hospital. When I got to the nursery all my kids was on the floor looking at a picture of Erica. Eric and Jas was kissing on the picture while Amy and King smiled through the tears. Why would she leave us like this? Did she think that we wasn't gonna notice she was gone? I wiped my eyes and walked in the nursery to get my babies ready.

Cyn: Hey babies can you get in the shower for me and get dress?

A/K: Yes ma'am. *with their heads down*

Cyn: Come here babies. *sitting them on her lap* What's wrong with y'all?

Amy: We miss Mommy.

King: Is she gonna come back?

Amy: Do she still love us?

King: Did she leave because of us?