Chapter 24: Double the Blessing

*The doctor drew some blood and told Cyn to change into a gown so he can check on the baby. Then a female nurse came in to check on the baby and Cyn was moving because of the pressure of the lady hand. After about 25 mins the doctor can back in with a neutral look on his face.*

E/C: What's going on Doc?

Dr.: Well I have good news, neutral news and bad news. What do you wanna hear first?

E/C: Bad news

Dr.: Well the bad news is you have a low iron deficiency but it could be fixed with some medication.

Erica: Will that hurt the baby?

Dr.: No it will actually help.

Cyn: What's the neutral news?

Dr.: Well you will be delivery a little earlier then expected.

Cyn: That's great news not neutral.

Erica: *laughing* You are crazy baby. Well why will she be delivering early for?

Dr.: Well that takes me to the good news then. You are having twins.

*Erica and Cyn looked at each other and silence filled the room for a little while.*

Cyn: Twins like as in two?

Erica: We are having two babies. I can't...

Cyn: Wow this is crazy and amazing.

Dr.: Well I'll get you all you papers so y'all can get out of here and make sure you get plenty of rest. With multiples you need to stay stress free and bed rest.

Cyn: Aw hell I gotta stay in the bed now.

Erica: Ok she will.

*Cyn gave Erica a death stare and then Erica gave her a "I wish you would say something" look. They left out the hospital and got in the car. Erica was about to start up the car then she just stopped.*

Cyn: What's wrong my love?

Erica: I can't believe we are having twins.

Cyn: I know we are about to have four kids.

Erica: Damn we are young as hell with four kids. *laughing* We getting old babe.

Cyn: *laughing* Lies you tell. I'm young as hell you better get with it.

Erica: Well I guess we are gonna have to have an early baby shower.

Cyn: Well let's get to planning.

Erica: No, you will get to resting.

Cyn: *crossing her arms and pouting* But why? I wanna help too.

Erica: *laughing* Aww the baby wanna help. Well you can help from the bed or couch cause them are the only two places you are gonna be.

Cyn: *pouting* You're so mean. I'm not talking to you for the rest of the day.

Erica: *pulling on Cyn* Aww come here beautiful you gon be mad at me and I haven't seen you in three weeks.

Cyn: *smiling* Yep so don't touch me and let's go home.

Erica: Ok but it won't last long.

Cyn: We'll see.

Cyn

  We drove home and Erica kept touching me. I kept hitting her and all she did was laugh but I will give in eventually cause I could never resist her. I was so glad that my wife was finally back home. She finally gave up and I just stared at her the whole time she was driving. I love her so much and it kills me when she's gone. She looked over at me and just smiled and it lit my whole body up. I just smiled and continued to stare at her.