Chapter 82: Rafael Santana III Have a Family

*Cyn and Mary got dressed and went to the court house. They got there just before their recess was over. They gave Erica and Raf a kiss then went to sit down. Court started and this time it was Cruz who called a witness first.*

Cruz: I call to the stand Karmen Stamos. State your name for the courts please.

Karmen: Karmen Stamos.

Cruz: What's your relationship to Rafael IV?

Karmen: I'm his mother.

Cruz: Do you know why we are here?

Karmen: Because my sister is trying to take custody of my son.

Cruz: Did you want your sister to have your son?

Karmen: No I don't.

Cruz: Why?

Karmen: Because he has a dad. My sister is not stable enough to raise a kid.

Cruz: Is Rafael a bad guy?

Karmen: No he is a great guy.

Cruz: Have Rafael ever laid a hand on you?

Karmen: Oh god no. He has never. We might have argued before but he was always the calm one.

Cruz: No further questions.

Judge: Mr. Crawley your witness.

Crawley: Ms. Stamos, you say he's a great guy but you're not together why is that?

Karmen: Because I left to came back to the states and he didn't want to.

Crawley: When you found out you was pregnant did you contact Mr Santana?

Karmen: No.

Crawley: Why?

Karmen: Because I didn't want him to get mad and...

Crawley: So he does have a mean streak?

Karmen: No he doesn't. He has a big heart and he would have wanted me to come back to Jamaica.

Crawley: Why wait six months to finally tell Mr. Santana he has a kid?

Karmen: Because he didn't ask for this baby...

Crawley: So you saying if he was to find out you was pregnant he would have made you get an abortion?

Cruz: Objection. Speculation.

Judge: Sustained. Mr. Crawley you skating on thin ice.

Crawley: No further questions.

Cruz: Redirect Your honor. *judge nods yea* Ms. Stamos, why did you wait six months to tell him about the baby?

Karmen: I didn't want him to worry and I thought I could handle it myself. I also thought he was gonna say it wasn't his. I am so sorry that he has to go through this right now.

Cruz: Why shouldn't your sister get custody of your baby?

Karmen: Jessica is not stable enough to have kids. She has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder with manic episodes.

Crawley: Objection. Speculation.

Cruz: I have evidence that states Jessica Stamos is diagnose with bipolar disorder with manic episodes. *handing the judge the paper*

Judge: Overruled.

Cruz: So are you saying that Rafael IV would not be safe with Jessica?