Chapter 56: Healing After Pain (Part I): Deuce Healed

Erica

  We finally made it to the place on the paper that Lisa gave me. Albee, Q and Sway came with me but I told them to stay outside and I'll be on the earpiece if I needed them but I always come strap. I walked up to the house and knocked on the door. I hope this nigga keeps his cool cause I'm trying to stay levelheaded and let Eiken take a rest. I was so surprised at who opened the door.

Erica: Please tell me its not you.

Deuce: What's not me?

Erica: What's your real name Deuce?

Deuce: Julio. Why do you want to know that?

Erica: Damn. Come on and let's have a seat cause we need to talk.

Deuce: *sitting down* What's up Clyde?

Erica: Do you know Lisa Santana?

Deuce: Yea why? How do you know Lisa?

Erica: That's my sister in-law man.

Deuce: Oh shit. You mean Bonnie and Lisa are sisters?

Erica: Hell yea. You are lucky Cyn don't know anything about this cause I think she would have whooped your ass. Why are you doing that poor little girl like that?

Deuce: You must be talking about Heaven?

Erica: Yes I am.

Deuce: Don't get me wrong Mena I love my daughter but I don't want her to see me like this. I'm not a father figure for her. I don't want to get close to her and then she end up getting hurt because of me.

Erica: Don't you always ride and die for your family?

Deuce: Yea but...

Erica: No buts. That's your flesh and blood. She's hurting inside because she thinks her father doesn't gives two fucks about her. I know how it feels for your father to not give a fuck about you. A stepdad can only fulfill so much. Its up to you nigga to fulfill the rest.

Deuce: You're right about that. I don't want her to feel like that cause my father never gave a fuck about me and he told me that to my face. I want my daughter to know me but I'm just scared Mena.

Erica: Man I got four kids. I'm scared all the time but my kids are gonna know that I was there no matter what.

Deuce: I got you Mena. I'm gonna go by there tomorrow. Can you come with me cause I'm still a little freaked out by it all.

Erica: Sure just give me a call.

Deuce: What do I say to a 10-year old?

Erica: Let her ask all the questions and you just answer them as best as possible without making her cry.

Deuce: Ok Clyde. Thanks for the pep talk.

Erica: No problem. Oh yea what kind of guy is Key?

Deuce: My brother? He's a very genuine dude. A little nerdy but sweet. Why you asking about Key?

Erica: Cause he's dating my sister.

Deuce: Damn I guess we just keeping it all in the family.

Erica: *laughing* I guess so. I just wanna make sure I don't have to hurt him.

Deuce: Nah. He's like the sweetest dude ever. Since I met him, he kept going on and on about this girl name Jordin. How he always loved her and how she married someone else but he know that God made her for him only. I wanna know if he's finally over this Jordin girl cause now all he say is wifey this and wifey that.