Chapter 42: The Calm Before The Storm

*Erica left out the room and saw Cyn. She ran to Cyn and hugged her with all the energy she had left. Cyn just held onto her with all her might. Sean and Miller tapped Erica and told her that they needed to tell her something important. Erica grabbed Cyn's hand and all four of them sat down.*

Sean: Well, your sister has been beaten.

Erica: Like in a fight?

Sean: *long pause* More like domestic.

Erica: You mean her husband?

Miller: Yes. She has a lot of broken bones that has healed but a few that hasn't.

Erica: This can't be. My sister is always happy and joyus.

Sean: Sometimes the ones that smiles in the morning be the ones that cries at night.

Erica: I'm gonna kill him. *jumping up*

Cyn: Babe be rational right now.

Erica: FUCK RATIONAL CYNTHIA.

Cyn: Can y'all give us a min?

S/M: Sure.

Cyn: Baby, your sister doesn't need that right now. She need her sister right now.

Erica: *crying*  How didn't I know?

Cyn: Didn't nobody know she is just that good at hiding it. Now let's go and check on her before she goes into surgery.

Erica: How am I gonna tell my mom?

Cyn: For now you don't. You just omit.

Erica: I need you with me babe.

Cyn: I wouldn't be anywhere else. Come on.

*They walked in the room and Jordin was just laying there looking at the TV. She looked at Erica and knew something was up. Erica stared at her and was angry and sad at the same time.*

Erica: I'm gonna ask you a simple question and don't lie to me.

Jordin: Ok.

Erica: Have Shawn been beating on you?

Jordin: Damn Cyn, you promised.

Cyn: I didn't say anything your doctors did.

Erica: *looking hurt* Damn J, you told Cyn and not me.

Jordin: Come here E. *Erica sat beside her* I didn't tell you cause I know how you are. You always protect us in a very big way.

Erica: You are my sister. I should have been the first person you told as soon as it happened.

Jordin: *crying* I know but I got scared and I didn't know how to say it. He said he would never do it again but...

Erica: *crying* J, you know that's a lie I went the same shit and I swore that no one I love would go through the same thing. I know its hard to tell someone but you got to and you keep telling someone until that one person believes you.

Jordin: I wanna leave him E but I'm scared he's gonna kill me.

Erica: I'll handle it. When you get out of here you are going to my house. I'll get your stuff and the baby's stuff.

Jordin: Ok

*Sean walks in*

Sean: Hey Jordin. Are you ready?

Jordin: No I haven't seen my baby yet.

Sean: Well let me get you your baby. I'll be right back. Erica your mom is asking for you or Cynthia.