Chapter 76: The Menas in Need of Prayer (Part II)

*They got up off the ground and met back up with each other then walked back into the hospital. When the got in there Miller and Sean came to them.*

E/C: What's going on with our babies?

Miller: They are gonna be fine. They are still out of it right now but they are gonna be ok.

Erica: What happened?

Sean: They have ingested food poisoning.

Cyn: WHAT THE FUCK? WHEN?

Miller: Within the last 24 hours. It wasn't a heavy dose which was why it took so long to present itself.

Erica: We are gonna find this out today. Can we see them?

Sean: Yes we moved them to the same room. They also have the flu which is also why the food poisoning didn't present itself clearly.

Miller: Have they had the flu shot yet?

Cyn: The big kids yes but the little ones no.

Erica: One of y'all nurses told us that they was too young to have it.

Sean: That is false information. Its from six months on up.

Cyn: Well I guess y'all can give them one when y'all see fit. How long are they gonna be intubated for?

Miller: Just until tonight. Then we will remove it and feed them cause we had to pump their stomachs.

Cyn: *crying* This is too much right now. *running out the hospital*

Sean: I'll let you two talk. Their room number is 247.

Erica: Thanks.

*Erica ran after Cyn and saw her sitting on a bench with her head in her knees. Erica walked over to her and hugged her tight.*

Erica: Come here baby. *sitting Cyn on her lap* I know that this is very hard to see but our kids need us right now.

Cyn: *crying* I know but I can't walk in there and see all four of my babies with tubes down their throats.

Erica: Then don't baby. Go home and come back tonight.

Cyn: *holding onto Erica tight* No. I wanna stay with you. Don't leave me baby.

Erica: *rubbing Cyn's head* Ok baby. Its ok I'm not going anywhere. How about we do this? Let's tell Miller and Sean that we are going home.

Cyn: Why are we going home?

Erica: So we can clean up the house before the kids get back. They threw up all over our bed and the floors. We can just tell them to call us an hour before they take the tubes out.

Cyn: *wiping her face and sniffling* O-Ok.

Erica: Ok. *grabbing Cyn's hand* Let's go.

Erica

I grabbed Cyn's hand and walked back in the hospital. I told Sean and Miller my plan and they said that's fine. I told the family also and they came with us. Everybody was here Cyn's family and my family. Even Cyn's Nena and Unk came all the way from New York. We cleaned up the house and packed the kids up some bags. While Cyn was outside talking to her Nena I walked in the nursery. As soon as I picked up the picture of all four of my babies I lost it. I fell to my knees and broke down. I heard someone walking up behind me and it was none other then my Ace Boon Coon, Albee. He closed the door and held me so tight telling me to let it out. I cried for what seemed like an eternity.

Albee: Are you feeling better? *wiping Erica's face*

Erica: Yes. Thank you. I knew you was coming soon cause you've been watching how strong I've been with Cyn.